Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running a blockade?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running a blockade? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running a bl... - 12/10/2012 12:51:40 AM   
Kai

When you attempt to run a blockade, the game doesn't give you the option for 3rd party battle resolution.

The game just defaults to normal combat.

Can this be fixed?

< Message edited by Kai -- 12/10/2012 12:57:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 12/10/2012 12:56:45 AM   
Kai

Reported on Mantis

< Message edited by Kai -- 12/10/2012 1:31:44 AM >

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 12/10/2012 12:24:37 PM   
DCWhitworth

Unfortunately I wouldn't hold your breath. Looks like this game is pretty much dead as far as development/fixes are concerned.

Regards
David

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 12/10/2012 3:41:35 PM   
Kai

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

Unfortunately I wouldn't hold your breath. Looks like this game is pretty much dead as far as development/fixes are concerned.

I'm not sure that's true. Looking at the Mantis bug tracker, it looks like bugs have been resolved as recently as October, 2012. My guess is that Marshall is still working on things every now and then. I'm hoping he's got a little time to knock this out.

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 12/10/2012 3:46:30 PM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kai

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

I'm not sure that's true. Looking at the Mantis bug tracker, it looks like bugs have been resolved as recently as October, 2012. My guess is that Marshall is still working on things every now and then. I'm hoping he's got a little time to knock this out.

I hope you're right. that would be good news and might persuade me to continue playing the game.

Regards
David

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 12/14/2012 7:24:26 AM   
Kai

I wish I knew how to fix this myself.

I can't imagine it's a very difficult task. This feature is already implemented for combat other than blockades. It's likely just a matter of inserting a bit of code that is already written and just needs to be copied and pasted into the right spot.

The problem is that blockade running or raising a blockade are the most likely scenarios for significant naval battles. I'm about to embark on another miniatures campaign using EIA, so I hope Marshall returns. Maybe if I ask Santa, he'll bring me a bug fix for Christmas.

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running ... - 7/17/2013 5:20:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Yea, we have not allowed this yet. The 3rd party system was really for the land combat at first. this is because the running the blockade forces an immediate combat (Potentially). Odd point in the engine to kind of pause then come back.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Can't Use 3rd Party Combat Resolution when running a blockade? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI