Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: You know you're addicted to AE when

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: You know you're addicted to AE when Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You know you're addicted to AE when - 12/14/2012 12:21:11 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Forgot to mention our work XMas party last year.

It was trivia..

One of the questions was "Where is Christmas Isl?" I said Pacific Ocean, south of Hawaii. I was wrong, I was told. They meant the other Christmas Island. I was so mad, because no one believed me.

Also had xmas topic chitchat going on at work and a colleague mentioned that there is a Christmas Island. I told him that there are actually two and launched AE in order to show him on the map - instead of using something easier and faster like Google maps or so... Does this qualify as addiction?

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 31
RE: You know you're addicted to AE when - 12/15/2012 2:03:50 AM   
SpitfireIX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

We are required to update our curriculum vitae annually, which we use in place of a resume for academic merit pay raises. Our department asks for the merit report and wants our "CV" also. I have to do a double take about the request from my chair for my carriers.

"You want my CV, eh? Well, you can come and take it, Yankee dog! BANZAI!"

ETA: I've received the 'mothership look' from Aussies when talking about Darwin, Broome and Port Hedland too.

When I was in college I knew a girl whose initials were CV. I asked her if she knew that CV is the Navy abbreviation for an aircraft carrier. "Yes. So I'm big and grey."

Even funnier, she ended up marrying another friend of mine whose last name starts with L. So she became CVL.

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 32
RE: You know you're addicted to AE when - 12/15/2012 2:52:58 AM   
nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpitfireIX

quote:

We are required to update our curriculum vitae annually, which we use in place of a resume for academic merit pay raises. Our department asks for the merit report and wants our "CV" also. I have to do a double take about the request from my chair for my carriers.

ETA: I've received the 'mothership look' from Aussies when talking about Darwin, Broome and Port Hedland too.

When I was in college I knew a girl whose initials were CV. I asked her if she knew that CV is the Navy abbreviation for an aircraft carrier. "Yes. So I'm big and grey."

Even funnier, she ended up marrying another friend of mine whose last name starts with L. So she became CVL.

I guess that made her less big, but still grey?

(in reply to SpitfireIX)
Post #: 33
RE: You know you're addicted to AE when - 12/15/2012 6:01:55 PM   
SpitfireIX

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpitfireIX

quote:

I guess that made her less big, but still grey?

Yes. It should have occurred to me to mention that at the time, because when I asked her if she knew, I also ran through the possible changes to her initials if she married guys we knew because, in addition to her future husband, with whom she was only casually involved at the time, we also knew two guys whose last names start with E and H. We didn't know any guys whose last name started with A, B, or N, though.

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 34
RE: You know you're addicted to AE when - 12/15/2012 6:03:42 PM   
SpitfireIX

double post

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: You know you're addicted to AE when Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI