Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gift Cards Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Gift Cards Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gift Cards Available - 12/8/2012 7:51:06 PM   
Rick

I see that Gifts Cards in various denominations are now available in the Matrix store. I'm glad to see that.

Are these Electronic Gift Cards?

I tried clicking for more info, but there was no hot link. I also looked at the purchase screen, but couldn't get far enough to see without committing.

Thanks!
Rick
Post #: 1
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 10:56:26 AM   
Yogi the Great

I don't see them on the store or product page. Probably me, but can you advise where they are posted exactly?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 2
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 3:14:03 PM   
radic202

I don't see them as well!

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 3
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 5:20:12 PM   
Challerain

I went into the store and selected merchandise. There is a row at the top above the shirts. Move the scroll bar all the way to the left.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 4
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 5:49:33 PM   
Terl

Wow, there surely is, cool. Here's the link to a $20 card $20 Gift Card. Awesome. I don't see whether there is an actual card or it is electronic. I do see when you start to purchase it asks for recipient's name and a message...

< Message edited by Terl -- 12/9/2012 5:54:08 PM >

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 5
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 9:10:04 PM   
Fallschirmjager

Rick, did you change your user name at some point? With you being here 12 years and almost 12,000 posts I feel like I should know who you are! I bet I know you under a different name.

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 6
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 10:46:34 PM   
uncc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

I went into the store and selected merchandise. There is a row at the top above the shirts. Move the scroll bar all the way to the left.

Glad they're finally available (have to tell the wife). I can see them. I also see they are listed as $xx.99, but when I put one in the cart Plimus shows it as $xx.00 (did not complete the purchase). Is that a store issue of will anyone buying a gift card have to pay an extra $0.99??

< Message edited by uncc -- 12/9/2012 10:47:37 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 7
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/9/2012 11:10:19 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Rick, did you change your user name at some point? With you being here 12 years and almost 12,000 posts I feel like I should know who you are! I bet I know you under a different name.

Panzer Command Ostfront...Mod or was..

Funny enough I bet there are regulars with huge post counts in some of the game forums that never post in the general discussion..I bet there are some in the WITP and WITE and TOAW3 forums..

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/9/2012 11:11:41 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 8
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/10/2012 12:23:17 AM   
Yogi the Great

Yeah found it, I was afraid to take it too far. Went as far as putting in my own name as recipient and short message, it then went to payment screen put I did not hit submit. My question would be if you do submit do you get to send it to the recipient, or does it come to you. I did not get to the point where it asked for recipients name and address as reprted by Terl.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/10/2012 2:35:55 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

No, I've always had this login. A lot of the post count is from Panzer Command Ostfront. I've been pretty active with PCO (and PCK) for last few years.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 10
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/10/2012 9:01:57 AM   
Iain McNeil

Guys this should not be available yet. You should not see them and please don't use them. They are 99% of the way there but we are fixing some issues related to using them on physical games. We're hoping to have it all working this week but please wait till you hear from us.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 11
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/10/2012 3:11:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

As Iain said, these should not be live yet. Please do not use them. We're still doing the final QA and we want to make sure everything is working as intended before we make them available.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 12
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/18/2012 5:27:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone, they are finally available!

Official announcement will be posted momentarily, but they are now available in the store.

Very important to read the link on how Gift Cards work first:

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/giftcard.asp

Then you can go to either of these links to see and purchase a gift card. They are digital gift cards (via e-mail and printable web page) so they can be redeemed immediately once purchased.

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/?pt=2

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 13
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/18/2012 8:01:14 PM   
rogo727

Welcome to the 21st century.....

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 14
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/19/2012 12:49:59 AM   
**budd**

Question: so why the 1 year limit? nothing personal but dislike gift cards that expire and take your money after a certain time. Maybe your saving for that one game to release or something.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 15
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/19/2012 9:29:00 AM   
Iain McNeil

I understand what you mean but from a financial point of view if we don't have a limit then we build up a liability of unused gift cards that could be significant. As we've never done it before we're being cautious as we don't really know what to expect, so we may be able to remove these later if it turns out not to be an issue. To be honest the whole thing is going to be a learning curve and may evolve over time.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 16
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/19/2012 9:06:03 PM   
**budd**

good, fair and reasonable answer. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 17
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/19/2012 11:16:31 PM   
rogo727

The truth is most retailers want you to buy gift cards as gifts then give them to people who may or may not use them. It's a win win for retailers . Suppose customer "a" buys a $25 gift card at Walmart in town "a". Town "a" gets the sales for for the $25 dollar gift card. Now customer "a" gives it as a Christmas gift to customer "b". Customer "b"then sticks in in her purse and then it gets lost in clutter and then gets thrown out. Retailers like to put a time limit on gift cards in the hope you forget about them and time expires. Look at the back of most gift cards... It will say more times than not if not used in the first three months a certain amount will be taken off the card. It's a dirty little secret of the retail industry and a huge revenue maker for them. Stay away from prepaid credit cards as they are the worst. Gift cards have been around for along time and matrix is behind at least ten years in the concept. So yes I chuckle a bit when I read posts that say this is all new to us. I doubt they have a marketing manager who has other retail experience other than computer gaming. Just my views about a company I really like, want to see it grow and expand but are taking baby steps to do do.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 18
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/20/2012 9:46:34 PM   
JDM

hi Rogo
There is an alternative motivation you might want to consider
We might just be responding to requests from customers and want to offer them and their friends and family an alternative gift option. I have no doubt from your mail that you have some knowledge of these things and for sure we want our customers to buy the games. However our real hope for the scheme is that customers actually use the cards to gift to friends who are not yet veteran gamers and present them with the opportunity to give this wonderful niche a shot, thus expanding our audience. So our motivation here is quite different from the viewpoint you expressed, and we certainly hope that every single card is used to the last dime

regards
JDM

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 19
RE: Gift Cards Available - 12/25/2012 10:45:27 PM   
Rick

It looks like they got these gift cards ready time. I receieved one for Christmas!

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to JDM)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Gift Cards Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message