Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

air superiority feature in action

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> air superiority feature in action Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
air superiority feature in action - 12/8/2012 3:31:35 PM   
gwgardner

The new air superiority feature extends player control of the battlefield even more in this game. Look at this screenshot on the second week of Barbarossa. I can clearly see that I have some armored spearheads in the 'neutral zone', where Soviet fighters have some sway over the battlefield - they're in heightened danger until I can push my air bases forward. On the other hand, my infantry is rather well protected against enemy strikes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 12/8/2012 3:33:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: air superiority feature in action - 12/9/2012 9:30:48 AM   
Rasputitsa

Nice addition to the game, makes it possible to allocate your fighter units to threatened sectors. I wondered at first how historical this was, but if commanders found enemy air superiority in their areas they would certainly be calling on the High Command for air cover.

I really see this coming into play when you want to launch amphibious, but especially airborne landings, which could be decimated if sent into regions where you had not clearly established air superiority.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 2
RE: air superiority feature in action - 12/17/2012 4:58:24 AM   
shermanwar

Hi,
Im just getting back to the game from 1.0 I cant recall how select the air superiority option. I think I read it somewhere but came seem to find it now. Thanks for the help, looking forward to re-exploring the changes!

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 3
RE: air superiority feature in action - 12/17/2012 9:08:51 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: shermanwar
Hi,
Im just getting back to the game from 1.0 I cant recall how select the air superiority option. I think I read it somewhere but came seem to find it now. Thanks for the help, looking forward to re-exploring the changes!

F10 brings in air superiority.

(in reply to shermanwar)
Post #: 4
RE: air superiority feature in action - 12/22/2012 3:40:50 AM   
shermanwar

Thank you! Could you tell me abit about the check boxes in the fighter unit panel that are labeled lock interception? One has a small icon in it and the other is a check box. I am just not clear what the choices mean. All help really appreciated!
sherman

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 5
RE: air superiority feature in action - 12/22/2012 6:19:57 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: shermanwar
Thank you! Could you tell me abit about the check boxes in the fighter unit panel that are labeled lock interception? One has a small icon in it and the other is a check box. I am just not clear what the choices mean. All help really appreciated!
sherman

The way I understand it is, that if you select the fighter check box then that unit will not fly intercept missions against air units attacking your other air, or ground units. It will still protect itself against direct attack, but not help others under air attack.

You may have a weakened fighter unit that you are trying to rebuild and if the enemy air keeps attacking, your fighter unit keeps going up on automatic intercepts (until it drops below 50% strength when it will not intercept anyway) and never gets the chance to recover, eventually you might even loose it, whilst defending ground units which may be strong enough to withstand the attacks and don't need air support. Select the check box and it won't respond to enemy air attacks, until you un-check the box after it has been reinforced.

You may have a strong, experienced fighter unit that will be better at interceptions, so you can check the box on your weaker fighter units and only the best ones (leave un-checked) will intercept, doing more damage (you hope). Maybe the other way round and you want new units to do the intercepts to build up experience.

It just gives you more flexibility in how your fighter units respond to attack.

Doomtrader - The icon above the check box doesn't seem to do anything, but the GUI game file (in data, gfx) has two icons available, one with the aircraft symbols crossed through (meaning no interceptions ??), another with the aircraft not crossed though (meaning unit will intercept ??). The game only seems to be using the crossed through icon, irrespective of whether interceptions have been checked off, or on.

The mouse-over of this item shows lock_interception, suggesting that checking the box locks interception on, which is the reverse of what it actually does, perhaps it should say lock interception off.

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 12/22/2012 9:37:16 AM >

(in reply to shermanwar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> air superiority feature in action Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI