Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.12 Card Peculiarity?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> v1.12 Card Peculiarity? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/8/2012 1:50:02 AM   
VR_IronFist

During a v1.12 multiplayer game today, twice when I played a card where I had to choose one of my units, my opponent got to choose instead. The game remained frozen for me (like when it was his turn) until he choose something.

In our Partisan game, I was the Soviets and my friend was Germans. To start the third round, I won Initiative and decided to play Battlefield Confusion (the card which exhausts an enemy unit). I had a my own unit selected to use it's APs to activate the card. One I clicked on the card on the left, the game "froze" as if it was my opponent's turn. It took us awhile but eventually we figured out it was waiting for him (German) player to select a unit. Once he did, it was that unit that became exhausted, not the one I would have chosen.

This happened a second time in round 4 when I tried to use a card to rally my unit. It only occurred when he chose it.

I attached the multiplayer saved turns. The only other thing I have is the results file but it will only let me attach one at a time. I'll put the second one in my next post.

Any thoughts?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/8/2012 1:50:42 AM   
VR_IronFist

Second upload attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/8/2012 2:55:30 AM   
Gerry

I just played z1812 and our game froze at one point. We had to escape and load a saved game.

Maybe something up with the server today?

Gerry

Post #: 3
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/8/2012 3:47:09 AM   
VR_IronFist

Gerry, we thought the same thing initially but our game never completely froze, it was waiting for my opponent to input a choice on a card that I played. When he finally did so after determining what was up, the game accepted his choice and the turn continued. It happened twice, both on card prompted unit selections.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 4
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/9/2012 5:40:27 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the reports. Were you playing with the Classic AP rules?

Post #: 5
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/9/2012 6:17:52 PM   
VR_IronFist

Eric, no we were not. It was Persistent APs. We were both using the v1.12 beta patch.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/10/2012 9:06:41 PM   
ericbabe

Was the other card you had the problem with also being played immediately after initiative? My guess is that maybe this is the problem.

Post #: 7
RE: v1.12 Card Peculiarity? - 12/10/2012 10:42:55 PM   
VR_IronFist

I am not 100% sure (this game was Friday afternoon) but it might have been. The first time was definitely right after initiative. The second one I can't recall with certainty. All I do remember with certainty is that in both instances, I chose a card to play that required me to choose a unit and both times after clicking the card to play it, the game gave me the "waiting" cursor (going around in the blue circle) and I could do nothing. However my opponent had control and was able to select which one of my units the card was played on. Then the effect took place and control returned to me.

Luckily he was a good sport and asked me the second time which unit I wanted to Rally (the first time we didn't know what was going on). :)

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> v1.12 Card Peculiarity? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI