Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/7/2012 7:03:17 PM   
genehaynes

Section 10.6.4 (Hit Priorties) refers to a "4th" hit. Yet the Assualt Combat table shows a maximum of 3 hits. Am I missing something?

Post #: 1
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/8/2012 1:31:45 AM   
Joe 98

You are talking about hits on the Attacker.

You seem to have picked up an inconstency in the manual.

< Message edited by Joe 98 -- 12/8/2012 1:33:39 AM >

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 2
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/8/2012 2:32:47 AM   
genehaynes

Joe,

No, hits on the defender also refer to a 4th hit.

Also, while doing a little testing, I set up a situation where one armor unit assualted a lone AT unit. Although the result called for 1 hit on the AT (i.e. D1 in the CRT), there was no hit in the game. I'm not %100 sure, but it looked like either a D2 or D3 result was needed to score a hit. This apparent anomaly only happened when assualting a LONE AT unit. I just thought that maybe the way hit priorities are handled might be the reason. If you get a chance, could you give me a "sanity" check on this?

BTW, I'm really enjoying this game. For such a small footprint (approx. 200mb), there's an awfull lot to it.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 3
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/9/2012 10:21:02 PM   
Joe 98

As for the defender the situation is different.

If 2 or more regiments attack, each regiment attacks seperatly.

So, its quite likely a stack will take more than 3 hits.

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 4
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/10/2012 1:18:19 PM   
genehaynes

Joe,

I'm only attacking with ONE Unit (against a lone AT unit). It seemed that whenever the results on the CRT were less than 2 hits the AT unit took no damage. When the results were D2 or D3 the AT unit was destroyed. It's no big deal, just seems to be a quirk of the logic used for hit priorities.

If you get chance load a scenario (play both sides), and attack a LONE AT unit with ONE Inf or Armor unit and see if you get the results I got. I used Medjez El Bab. On the second turn Axis reinforcements arrive at the top of map. The Allies have an AT unit nearby that you can attack.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 5
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/14/2012 12:29:42 AM   
Joe 98

I have now tested this and you are correct.

If the result is D3 or D2 the unit is always destroyed.

If the result is D1 it is never destroyed and it should be.

Clearly a bug. Too bad the developers have deserted us.

Rather than a bug, I suspect there is another dice roll modifyer that does not show up in the results.

< Message edited by Joe 98 -- 12/14/2012 12:49:43 AM >

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 6
RE: Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities - 12/14/2012 3:07:15 AM   
genehaynes

Joe,

Bottom line is, it really doesn't detract from the game. Usually the odds are so heavily in favor of the attacker a D2 or D3 result isn't hard to get.

Also, it looks like when using HE Direct Fire during a NIGHT turn, ALL terrain is treated as non-cover, non-high ground (i.e. 50% reduction of the hit number). I kind of like this. Combat at night probably wasn't as effective as during the day.

Another little feature I like is the way adjacent, opposing units become "semi-glued" to each other. It makes you more careful when planning assualts. Once you make contact it can be a b..ch to disengage

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Assualt Combat/ Hit Priorities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI