How do I get my HQ back?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

How do I get my HQ back?

Post by Icedawg »

I knew about the bug/feature that causes air HQs to be incapacitated and sent back to the reinforcement que when they disembark from an amphibious TF, but I didn't realize it could happen to corps HQs as well.

I just disembarked the 25th Army HQ at Bathhurst Island. On the same turn, I airdropped a para unit there to take the base. The intention was to allow the HQ to be in range of Darwin to add its bonus when the ground troops disembark at Darwin the next turn and perform a deliberate attack the turn after that. Unfortunately, now I just have a bunch of support troops at Bathhurst with no HQ ability. The parent unit has been added to the reinforcement que, and with it lies the "range" function and bonus capability. What a pisser!

Is there anyway to get that parent unit back? As is, I'll have to wait 54 days.

While I'm at it, can anyone please explain why this "feature" exists? Is it just a bug that has not been fixed, or is there some rationale behind it?
ny59giants

RE: How do I get my HQ back?

Post by ny59giants »

It was fixed when the latest series of beta patches came out.
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”