Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CAPS for Initiative

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> CAPS for Initiative Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 12:08:30 AM   
Gerry

Hello:

When you pay CAPS towards initiative are they deducted from the current turn or from the next turn's pool?

Thanks,

Gerry
Post #: 1
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 1:06:37 AM   
Chris Merchant

current turn.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 2
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 3:26:19 AM   
Gerry

Thanks Chris.

(in reply to Chris Merchant)
Post #: 3
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 6:36:36 AM   
VR_IronFist

Not to disagree, but I don't think that's correct. Based on my experience the CAPs used for Initiative come out from the following round's pool when the die is rolled, not from the turn when you set it.

For example I found in round one, I get all my CAPs (say 8 CAPs). At any point I can change 'CAPs for Initiative' to +1 or +2 but my current CAP allotment does not change, i.e. decrease. When the current round concludes and the next one starts, I see the deduction of CAPs in the second round's total (say 6 CAPs if 2 were spent).

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 4
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 3:11:29 PM   
Gerry

Yes, that is what I was asking. I should pay more attention to the interface but there is a lot going on when you are starting.

Gerry

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 5
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/7/2012 6:41:16 PM   
VR_IronFist

I agree. Since I have only recently returned to the PC game, I was being hyper-observant of the changes, that it why I noticed how it worked.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 6
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/8/2012 4:07:07 AM   
VR_IronFist

One thing I noticed playing today, if I end a game with the Spend CAPs on Initiative Bonus Next Turn button set to either +1 or +2, then when I start a new game on the first round, I spend that much CAPs for initiative.

Meaning normally a new game starts and it's a straight roll for initiative. I can then spend CAPs on initiative and it takes effect at the beginning of the second round. However if I play my last turn of a game with +1 CAPs for initiative, then when my new game starts, on the first round I see +1 CAPs for initiative and my total CAPs is down one.

This is good if you remember what you did when you last played, otherwise it can catch you off guard.

Post #: 7
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/8/2012 5:10:32 PM   
Gerry

This definitely should not be default behavior. To fix it, Eric would need to have another choice on the pre-game screen that asks if we want to spent CAPS for Initiative. Any chance of this Eric?

I think this may be why my opponent recently kept spending 2 CAPS for Initiative. That is, it was not intentional. (We are still learning the interface too I guess.)

Thanks,

Gerry

Post #: 8
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/8/2012 5:42:29 PM   
VR_IronFist

Gerry, I concur. I too am learning the interface hence why all my posts in this forum and especially in the Tech Support. I feel like I'm finding a lot of incongruities. I'm not saying I'm 100% correct but I need clarification than what I'm finding isn't a bug.

I think made a mandatory setup screen prior to the start of the game, similar to the reinforcements screen is required. Then allow both players in turn to be able to spend CAPs on Initiative. After all, it should be allowed even for turn one and you should also be able to set it to zero if it carries over.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 9
RE: CAPS for Initiative - 12/9/2012 5:27:53 PM   
ericbabe

That is a bug. CAPs spent on initiative should not carry over to a new game.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> CAPS for Initiative Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI