Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HTTR question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTR question - 12/5/2012 3:37:24 PM   
wodin

I went to look at the HTTR product page (the original) to see how many scenarios it had to compare whether any are missing for the CO exp pack...I notice that HTTR is now discontinued. This really makes no sense at all to me. Why not just reduce it to say $10. One it would sell bringing in money for Dave and two those who haven't bought a game previously would buy it..try it..love it and then move onto CO series. Sometimes Matrix\SLitherine way of business is beyond me and not only that I'm sure the developers of these older games would love to see the price reduced just so they would sell and bring in more money for them. Honestly just seems obvious to me just to reduce the price right down rather than stop selling it all together.

Anyway my question is are there an scenarios missing in the exp pack?

Also it's been a long time since I played HTTR..are there any smaller size scenarios that go on for a couple of days or so? Or are they all great big ones? If it has a good selection of smaller scenarios I will buy it, I'm really waiting on COTA though.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 6:31:05 PM   
Thomasew

Hi Wodin,

The original version of HTTR is available for free, to all registered users of the HTTR addon for Command OPs.

In the Members Section.

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 7:49:24 PM   
wodin

Cool..but I still think it could be sold for $10...it would bring in new players possibly..

I have the original and manual etc etc..but I can't see many people playing it if they own CO HTTR...

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/5/2012 7:50:17 PM >

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 3
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 8:33:53 PM   
phoenix

Wodin. I just had a look for you. There are about 36 scenarios and about 18 of them are 2.5 days or under.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 4
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 10:29:48 PM   
wodin

Thanks mate..it's the expansion pack scenarios I'm interested in, sorry should have phrased it better..have they just chosen the big ones for the pack? If they have I wont bother getting it and will just wait for COTA..as I already have HTTR and RDOA (well I gave RDOA to my dad).

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/5/2012 10:30:23 PM >

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 5
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 10:49:21 PM   
phoenix

Oh. There's 13 scenarios in the expansion pack, and 3 are around or under 2 days.

So, yeah, I guess most are the bigger scenarios such as you don't go for.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 11:00:42 PM   
wodin

Thanks mate..a shame. Will have to think about it. Not sure I want the big scenarios enough as I've played two games now covering those battles.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 7
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 11:07:59 PM   
phoenix

You play APOS a lot?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: HTTR question - 12/5/2012 11:32:56 PM   
wodin

Bought APK43..and now have APOS and all the DLC..I don't play it enough to be honest, it's a superb game\sim. My only niggle is it's realtime.I would have preferred WEGO and the replay feature like CM series, however all the things I hate about RTS games (Panther games excluded)aren't a problem in this series. It isn't a click fest..it isn't bogged down with micromanagement. It feels alot more realistic than other RTS games. It's constantly being updated with new features etc with each patch, infact what they add with their patches is amazing. The maps are huge..it has a great Operational layer now and the campaigns are superb.

I hope eventually they get to a point where it can really do city fighting. Something no games have yet really managed to do. I do have hope though that eventually they will crack this area and I will see a Stalingrad campaign.

When the next game comes out Graviteam Tactics set around Mius I will be buying ASAP..also will have a Leningrad '42 DLC aswell.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 9
RE: HTTR question - 12/7/2012 1:12:20 AM   
simovitch

I had no idea all those hypothetical little cut-up HTTR scenarios were so popular otherwise I would have spent some time re-doing them. I stuck with re-doing what I thought were the best; and these were also the OOB and mapping basis for the other ones that in my opinion were just filler fluff. Shows what I know about the wargamer market.

We have been talking about releasing some of those remaining HTTR scenarios with the West Wall pack that is in development. We shall see.

simovitch

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: HTTR question - 12/7/2012 8:25:52 AM   
wodin

Well it's the smaller scenarios I like..I do usually prefer historical over ahistorical though. So usually yes historical are more important so your thoughts are correct. It's a personnel preference that I love intense small to medium scenarios.

Also it's not the day length thats the issue but unit count..I'm not keen on day upto two day secanrios either..give me a few days without loads of units..hats what I like. COTA had some good ones set around the airborne landings that I loved.

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/7/2012 8:27:59 AM >

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 11
RE: HTTR question - 12/7/2012 9:44:41 PM   
JW

I actually prefer the smaller scenarios, too.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: HTTR question - 12/8/2012 12:49:34 AM   
JiminyJickers

Yeah me too, I much prefer the smaller scenarios.  I don't care to much to stick to historical.  I just want to be able to play smaller engagements.

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI