Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guadalcanal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guadalcanal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guadalcanal - 12/5/2012 11:19:57 AM   
spence

http://www.uscg.mil/history/articles/Guadalcanal10-2011.pdf

Some rare photos embedded in the article
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 11:48:13 AM   
Empire101

Fascinating. Some rare photos I've never seen before too.

Thanks for sharing.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 12:16:23 PM   
Helldiver

TNX, Spence. You bring good, specific stuff to this table.

Regards.
Helldiver

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 2:06:26 PM   
dr.hal

Thanks Spence, I appreciate it. The president of the university where I work is a retired coast Guard Rear Admiral. I sent the PDF to him.... Thanks again. Hal

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 9:11:52 PM   
spence

I found it of note that the 7th Transport Group was formed and started practicing together and with the Marines before PH.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 9:42:20 PM   
m10bob

My dad-in law was a Coastie from that war..He told me the Navy had a joke about the Coast Guard:..Why were all Coast Guardsmen tall?...So if their ship was sunk, they could walk to the shoreline...

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/5/2012 11:56:35 PM   
rjopel

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

My dad-in law was a Coastie from that war..He told me the Navy had a joke about the Coast Guard:..Why were all Coast Guardsmen tall?...So if their ship was sunk, they could walk to the shoreline...

Joke still in use today.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 7
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/6/2012 2:24:23 AM   
spence

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Puddle Pirates etc

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 8
RE: Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guad... - 12/6/2012 11:53:50 AM   
mikkey

Nice article, thanks for sharing Spence.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval Operating Base LUNGA - US Coast Guard at Guadalcanal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI