From: The Big Nowhere
First off, this is from my playtime and noticing things that could be better. Let me first say that I tend to play the game with a 30+ empires mod, so some of these are issues that many may never encounter.
1. We need more than 19 primary colors for empires. The problem I'm running into in 30+ empire games is often an empire will generate with no primary color (it will be a really ugly charcoal grey). While this is easily fixed in the editor, (it will generate an error exception which you can simply continue and ignore) it would be better if I didn't have to fix it in the editor. If we could simply have an expanded primary color pallette (around 40 in my case) it would make things a bit better.
2. I'm going to have to jump on the font bandwagon. My eyesight isn't getting any better and I'm now starting to have some problems reading it where I wasn't before. The style is fine, I just need to be able to make it bigger.
3. Fleet management...or rather the left side quick menu fleets. Please allow me to filter them or simply force it to list my fleets alphabetically. I can work with either one, but give me some way to keep the fleets I actually want to manually control at the top of the list and easy to find.
4. Can we get a 'Locate idle <shiptype>' function? Some ships in particular (colony ships) may not be able to complete a mission and end up sitting in one place while not being able to be reassigned in the empire planner. If you happen to be busy at the time it failed to complete its mission, it can become tedious to find it.
1. The ability to set player defined empire(s) to start in its ancient home system. This is important for some mods and for those that like a roleplaying style game. I'm not talking about just the empire the player will play, but also the ones you define in the enemy epmire generation screen in player defined games. I really do prefer my space spiders to start in space spider home system, not human home system, etc.
2. Allow AI empires to 'copy' to an extent a players designed ships. By copy I mean allow them to be able to match the design in capabilities (IE if I design a ship of 450 firepower, the AI should be able to design something similar, but still within the constraints of each empires define style from policies). In other words make the AI design more adaptive to keep the AI more competitive through the game.
3. The ability to set polices concerning individual races not just my family other families. IE I hate most bugs and want to exterminate the Dhayut, Boskara and Sluken, but not the Atuuk, Ketarov, Guizuren, etc. I should be able to set it my policy to each race individually in the global policies, not just on a planet by planet basis. Example: Policy toward XXXX [dropbox with my choices] for each race. I realize that this might be a problem for mods, but surely there is a way to work it out?
4. Even more diplomacy options including research agreements, tourism agreements, and the ultimate treaty, the full alliance (much the same as MDP, but with shared research and encouraged migration between empires, very hard to obtain).
1. Open as much of the game as possible while keeping the under the hood things under the hood. In particular I'd like the ability to define new race families (more diversity), be able to define new ship types (assuming we have new missions), and edit and add resources.
2. Random stat generator for user defined characters. This should be in addition to player defined stats, example, if you want to define the stats, then you use the current system. If you want the character to generate with different stats in game every play through, then you simply use all zeros where you currently define the stats.
IE a random stat character: 0, Random Leader, 1, Random Leader.png, Human, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
That way the modder can define those few really special characters that he/she wants to be the same every time while all others generate traits when they arrive in game.
3. Allow the game to utilize more planet, backdrop, ruin, landscapes for more diversity.
4. Define more planet types: Forrested, Agrarian (planet of lush rolling plains), etc
5. Player defined disasters.
6. Player defined monsters.
Well that's all I have for now.
Distant Worlds Fan
'When in doubt...attack!'