Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Chaining nerfed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Chaining nerfed? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Chaining nerfed? - 12/12/2012 11:48:47 AM   
Jimbo123

Nice to have you weigh in Del!

It's true what you said about our first game. ( played with zero exploits ) Since I know first hand your skill, do you think those people who pushed you were chaining because from my seat they would have too.

From my side of the table my 42 offensive had more to do with facing a dug in 7.8m Russian army since my 41 offense was not strong enough.

I was conservitive in my offense and might have been able to take Moscow but you are correct, Lenningrad did have a huge effect on that outcome. I took it much easier from you last game and expected the same here! Well done! No chaining in the North and 1 HQBU in the center. Who knew after lasting so long that chaining would be nerfed. I would have pushed much harder in hindsite. Won't get the chance going foward if I continue hunman play. As it stands right now I don't see the cost benefit where I can move on to a new game and wait for WITE II

Your victory conditions are much more in line with what is possible and will give us something to compare too.

As always your other points are dead on. I once got to hear James Dunnigan speak and he talked about how great games don't force players to do anything. Rules are in place to encourage correct play. An example would be keeping units close to their HQs. You don't have too but......! I am not in favor of any rule that forces russian tactics. I'm not pro chaining but for the Germans to make a game of it in 43 /44 the 41 offensive has to be able to push a retreating Russian. For me it seemed the best fix from a list of bad choices.

Jimbo

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Chaining nerfed? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI