Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VP question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> VP question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VP question - 12/4/2012 9:40:58 AM   
Chris H

What happens to VP if a unit to be withdrawn etc is destroyed prior to its withdrawal. I.e. As a Kamikaze unit, ship sunk etc. I would assume they was no loss in VP for not it have been awarded for its detruction.
Post #: 1
RE: VP question - 12/4/2012 11:23:16 AM   
Alfred

Correct.

No VPs are lost if a ship or air unit scheduled for withdrawal is destroyed before the withdrawal date. But the unit must be destroyed, not otherwise unavailable. For example if you place an air unit which is secheduled for future withdrawal on an aircraft carrier and you withdraw the CV with the unit still onboard, you will lose VPs even though you can't access the CV.

This is why players often receive advice to sortie their too heavily damaged ships to be withdrawn on a kamikaze mission.

Alfred

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: VP question - 12/4/2012 5:40:56 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Correct.

No VPs are lost if a ship or air unit scheduled for withdrawal is destroyed before the withdrawal date. But the unit must be destroyed, not otherwise unavailable. For example if you place an air unit which is secheduled for future withdrawal on an aircraft carrier and you withdraw the CV with the unit still onboard, you will lose VPs even though you can't access the CV.

This is why players often receive advice to sortie their too heavily damaged ships to be withdrawn on a kamikaze mission.

Alfred

Thanks

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: VP question - 12/5/2012 9:10:49 PM   
dr.hal

Alfred, on a related note, if you have an air unit scheduled to be withdrawn in say, Sept '42 and you disband it in Aug '42 while choosing the option to have it reappear in 120 days time (because you got distracted by your dog eating your latest history book) does the unit indeed come back in 120 days as was first intended, and if so, do you start loosing VPs upon its return OR do you start loosing points from the Sept date? Or do you loose any points at all? I've not actually made that mistake, but I've often wondered what the program does.... Thanks in advance. Hal

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: VP question - 12/6/2012 2:21:07 AM   
msieving1

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

Alfred, on a related note, if you have an air unit scheduled to be withdrawn in say, Sept '42 and you disband it in Aug '42 while choosing the option to have it reappear in 120 days time (because you got distracted by your dog eating your latest history book) does the unit indeed come back in 120 days as was first intended, and if so, do you start loosing VPs upon its return OR do you start loosing points from the Sept date? Or do you loose any points at all? I've not actually made that mistake, but I've often wondered what the program does.... Thanks in advance. Hal

When I've done that, I started losing VP when the unit returned.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> VP question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI