Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modern War MOD e general questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Modern War MOD e general questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 5:24:44 PM   
sasah320

Hi guys

I am pretty new on ATG. I like the game but the AI is very easy to beat, especially in scenarios with sea. And the micromanagement is a issue in big maps. I intend to make a scenario with strategic battles, (ie:USA invading a Russian Port) with limited units, or at least, limited units production. I'd like to know if it is possible to limit the number of units in a round (unit cap).

Another idea is to make unit creation costly (10PP instead of 1PP for example), but I am not sure if this rule applys to AI. So, I am thinking in reducing the units creation speed and units total amount to make it more strategcly viable. Is it possible using the editor? will the AI use the rule?

If I give the AI carriers with planes and paratroopers, are they going to konw how to use it?

And I wonder why there isn't any Modern warfare MOD available? What's the problem? Why the MOD's are focused on WWII mostly?

thanks guys!

< Message edited by sasah320 -- 12/3/2012 6:14:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 7:21:17 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Grymme did a WWIII mod, did you see it in the scenario bank ?

"Games lubricate the body and the mind" Ben Franklin.

(in reply to sasah320)
Post #: 2
RE: Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 8:53:37 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: sasah320

If I give the AI carriers with planes and paratroopers, are they going to konw how to use it?

Your ideas are really good but The AI won´t be able to manage paradrops embarked in carriers, I´ve tried to do it by myself during a game and it´s impossible. My advice: Forgive single player games, focus your energy on multiplayer games.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 12/3/2012 8:55:03 PM >

(in reply to sasah320)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Modern War MOD e general questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI