Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modern War MOD e general questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Modern War MOD e general questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 5:24:44 PM   
sasah320

Hi guys

I am pretty new on ATG. I like the game but the AI is very easy to beat, especially in scenarios with sea. And the micromanagement is a issue in big maps. I intend to make a scenario with strategic battles, (ie:USA invading a Russian Port) with limited units, or at least, limited units production. I'd like to know if it is possible to limit the number of units in a round (unit cap).

Another idea is to make unit creation costly (10PP instead of 1PP for example), but I am not sure if this rule applys to AI. So, I am thinking in reducing the units creation speed and units total amount to make it more strategcly viable. Is it possible using the editor? will the AI use the rule?

If I give the AI carriers with planes and paratroopers, are they going to konw how to use it?

And I wonder why there isn't any Modern warfare MOD available? What's the problem? Why the MOD's are focused on WWII mostly?

thanks guys!

< Message edited by sasah320 -- 12/3/2012 6:14:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 7:21:17 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Grymme did a WWIII mod, did you see it in the scenario bank ?

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to sasah320)
Post #: 2
RE: Modern War MOD e general questions - 12/3/2012 8:53:37 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: sasah320

If I give the AI carriers with planes and paratroopers, are they going to konw how to use it?

Your ideas are really good but The AI won´t be able to manage paradrops embarked in carriers, I´ve tried to do it by myself during a game and it´s impossible. My advice: Forgive single player games, focus your energy on multiplayer games.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 12/3/2012 8:55:03 PM >

(in reply to sasah320)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Modern War MOD e general questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI