Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kriegsmarine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Kriegsmarine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kriegsmarine - 12/3/2012 3:47:06 PM   
BossGnome

Has anybody ever tried asking for reinforcements from them? What did you get? Was it worth it? Could you put it to any use? Please share!

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/4/2012 12:57:15 AM   
LiquidSky

The problem with the axis navy is it is seriously outclassed by the Russians. They will hunt down and destroy anything that floats. And if you use your airforce to sink it, you will find the AA to be fairly brutal.

The navy is a sideshow. You should waste no resources on it. You should not bomb the Russian navy, nor bring in replacements for the Axis boats. If you hide it for later use, it will be sunk when you reveal it. Don't let yourself get distracted by the navy. Infantry is going to be what decides how long you can fight the Russians in the winter.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/4/2012 2:57:41 AM   
The Red Baron

I'm not sure about the Axis side, but the Soviet side neither receives naval reinforcements nor naval replacements (not that you need them anyway); and, you cannot request either through the card system. As the Soviets you might lose a few naval vessels, but if you concentrate your forces, you can easily overwhelm and crush the Axis navy.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/4/2012 5:21:27 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

The problem with the axis navy is it is seriously outclassed by the Russians. They will hunt down and destroy anything that floats. And if you use your airforce to sink it, you will find the AA to be fairly brutal.

The navy is a sideshow. You should waste no resources on it. You should not bomb the Russian navy, nor bring in replacements for the Axis boats. If you hide it for later use, it will be sunk when you reveal it. Don't let yourself get distracted by the navy. Infantry is going to be what decides how long you can fight the Russians in the winter.

The best use of the Axis Navy is to sortie out and make the Russian chase you. The ships use a lot of supply. Just don't get caught

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 4
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/4/2012 7:35:28 PM   
wallas

I played the card in a test game, and got 2 torpedo boats with a 10 strength factors

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 5
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/5/2012 12:51:08 PM   
SapperAstro

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

The best use of the Axis Navy is to sortie out and make the Russian chase you. The ships use a lot of supply. Just don't get caught

I am imagining this scene with Benny Hill music playing...

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 6
RE: Kriegsmarine - 12/6/2012 4:22:01 PM   
Vic

One of the things I chose not to model was the timidity of the Soviet naval command. In reality (according to my research) most of the Soviet fleet just stayed inside their harbours during Case Blue. I guess some initial bad encounters with the Luftwaffe made the Soviet red fleet timid. I think there must have been an implicit threat from Stalin that he would not tolerate any big losses in naval power. However this is partially speculation on my side. All in all, also with some gameplay considerations, I decided to let the player have full freedom over his fleets.

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to SapperAstro)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Kriegsmarine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI