Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

City control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> City control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
City control - 12/3/2012 1:56:52 PM   
iley

In a long running play by mail game as Japanese have occupied most of China. Have occupied Chungking and of course have Shanghai.

Am unable to send a task force to Shanghai. When trying the response is not friendly base. Similar problem with Chungking. The question is is this a known bug that can be remedied with an update?

Thank you:

Iley
Post #: 1
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 2:18:47 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: iley

In a long running play by mail game as Japanese have occupied most of China. Have occupied Chungking and of course have Shanghai.

Am unable to send a task force to Shanghai. When trying the response is not friendly base. Similar problem with Chungking. The question is is this a known bug that can be remedied with an update?

Thank you:

Iley

Seems rather strange, not reported as a bug. What version of the game are you running?

Maybe a screen shot of the city and your TF could illuminate the problem.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 2
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 2:41:26 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Thank you:

Iley

Trying to send a TF to Chungking is going to be hell on the hull paint.

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 3
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 7:57:09 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Thank you:

Iley

Trying to send a TF to Chungking is going to be hell on the hull paint.

New Air-cushioned landing craft ...

But .. I am thinking he has run into the base/fragment problem where as units become bases ..thus Chungking is not an owned base as opposed to cant get ships there ... need version to determine pre-test probability.

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 4
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:35:49 AM   
iley

Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for the quick responses. Appreciate the attention and humor ( that would be you Bullwinkle58 ).

The version is 1.06.1108r9 jan 21 2012.

I said I had a similar problem with Chungking not the same problem. For shanghai I'm unable to direct a Tf their. With chungking I'm unable to transfer and air group there. When attempting to transfer and air group the response I get is no air base exist.

Crackaces's response seems to be most likely cause. As when I move the pointer over the base the first thing that comes up is a unit with a negative value.

Would send a screen shot but not within my capabilities.

Iley

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 5
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:43:40 AM   
n01487477

Download the Beta and see if that fixes the problem. You may need to post a save for MichaelM who may change it manually so you can continue under the current version, but more likely an upgrade will fix it.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 6
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:55:52 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for the quick responses. Appreciate the attention and humor ( that would be you Bullwinkle58 ).

The version is 1.06.1108r9 jan 21 2012.

I said I had a similar problem with Chungking not the same problem. For shanghai I'm unable to direct a Tf their. With chungking I'm unable to transfer and air group there. When attempting to transfer and air group the response I get is no air base exist.

Crackaces's response seems to be most likely cause. As when I move the pointer over the base the first thing that comes up is a unit with a negative value.

Would send a screen shot but not within my capabilities.

Iley

Happy to help.

A negative sign is rarely a good thing to see . . .

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 7
RE: City control - 12/5/2012 2:54:47 AM   
iley

Gentleman thank you:

I updated to the latest beta and the problem went a way. Now I just need to talk my opponent in two updating.

Iley

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
RE: City control - 12/5/2012 2:06:03 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Gentleman thank you:

I updated to the latest beta and the problem went a way. Now I just need to talk my opponent in two updating.

Iley

Be careful. In PBEM the upgrade needs to be done in a certain order by each side to avoid synch bugs.

- Japan enters orders turn A with old software.
- Allies enter orders turn A with old software.
- Japan runs turn resolution turn A with old software.
- Allies run combat replay turn A with old software.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <----- Upgrade software here.
- Japan enters orders turn B with new software.
- Allies enter orders turn B with new software.
- Japan runs turn resolution turn B with new software.
- Allies run combat replay turn B with new software.

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> City control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI