Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Developer plans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Developer plans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Developer plans - 12/3/2012 2:54:51 AM   
daly77

I don't see here this subject so i decude to create it... I would like to ask developers if they planning to make CC on east front same as they did PITF? It would be great!!!
I also have a question regarding current game: are all shells and tank's armour in the game is true and historically correct? I mean if 57mm At gun can penetrate panther tank or front projection of PzIVH?
Post #: 1
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 7:00:22 AM   
Steve McClaire

There are no announced plans for an Eastern Front game, but I'd like to do one some day. There are so many possibilities. We'll see.

The game data, in terms of armor penetration and protection, is based on historical data.  Things like 'critical hits' are possible, but in general you will get expected results -- a 57mm AT gun is largely ineffective against a Panther from the front, but has little trouble penetrating a Pz IV's armor, for example.

(in reply to daly77)
Post #: 2
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 7:05:12 AM   
Manu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

There are no announced plans for an Eastern Front game, but I'd like to do one some day. There are so many possibilities. We'll see.

I wait you to help me to release a new version of Stalingrad then! :)

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 7:07:09 AM   
Steve McClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manu
I wait you to help me to release a new version of Stalingrad then! :)

Your Stalingrad mod was very nicely done. I'd love to see it converted for PitF, so if you need information related to that, ask away. :)

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 4
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 7:49:32 AM   
wodin

manu your Stalingrad mod as superb..best fun I'd had with CC since CC2...

If you made a Stalingrad mod for this I'd buy the game..

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/3/2012 7:50:04 AM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 5
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 9:11:37 AM   
Manu

Thanks, I have already begun to draw the maps and to brainstorm the stratmap. The new maps are now at the same size that Pitf ones (thanks SL to have shown the way!). New graphics (I have already 30 different kinds of wooden huts ;)), new textures, element file is rethought , the map areas are selected according to VL entry (no more unprotected entry VL) and also to noteworthy locations (Comissar house, pavlov house, univermag etc...). Number of maps are not defined but it will vary between 50 and 64. A website and a facebook page are on the way (I will ask the community to take an active part in the design of the mod).
Ton of pictures, maps and documentations have been used to be the most accurate posible.
If possible I would like to introduce some new features (armored trains and armored boats as fixed support units is one of the feature I would like to see, it was possible in LSA with the static BG but no more in Pitf : the idea was to make T34 or t70 turrets available as unit and place them as fixed units on armored train or boat graphics (drawn on the maps) -> if the bg was assimilated with another bg, the turret units could always be used as stationary guns).

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 12:36:58 PM   
daly77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The game data, in terms of armor penetration and protection, is based on historical data. Things like 'critical hits' are possible, but in general you will get expected results -- a 57mm AT gun is largely ineffective against a Panther from the front, but has little trouble penetrating a Pz IV's armor, for example.

Thank you so much for your answer. Great news!

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 7
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 2:58:32 PM   
blazej

Wow, this is great news about the Stalingrad mod!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Michal

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 8
RE: Developer plans - 12/3/2012 7:15:33 PM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manu

Thanks, I have already begun to draw the maps and to brainstorm the stratmap. The new maps are now at the same size that Pitf ones (thanks SL to have shown the way!). New graphics (I have already 30 different kinds of wooden huts ;)), new textures, element file is rethought , the map areas are selected according to VL entry (no more unprotected entry VL) and also to noteworthy locations (Comissar house, pavlov house, univermag etc...). Number of maps are not defined but it will vary between 50 and 64. A website and a facebook page are on the way (I will ask the community to take an active part in the design of the mod).
Ton of pictures, maps and documentations have been used to be the most accurate posible.
If possible I would like to introduce some new features (armored trains and armored boats as fixed support units is one of the feature I would like to see, it was possible in LSA with the static BG but no more in Pitf : the idea was to make T34 or t70 turrets available as unit and place them as fixed units on armored train or boat graphics (drawn on the maps) -> if the bg was assimilated with another bg, the turret units could always be used as stationary guns).

Sounds great Manu, definitely one of my favorite mods!

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 9
RE: Developer plans - 12/4/2012 1:50:36 PM   
SapperAstro

Excellent news. Well, as this is the last of the 2Ders, and including the various features this game sports, it is probably the best platform for all the mods to be updated for.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 10
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 12:08:39 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

Excellent news. Well, as this is the last of the 2Ders, and including the various features this game sports, it is probably the best platform for all the mods to be updated for.

Probably is the right word right now.... We do not yet know how many of the unused previous game features do not work in this release (example LSA features awol; attacking a map with 2 BG's from different VL's, static units, ?)

(in reply to SapperAstro)
Post #: 11
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 1:37:06 AM   
squadleader_id

Most important...the new 32 bit explosion effects! All mods need them!

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 12
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 12:30:35 PM   
SapperAstro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

Probably is the right word right now.... We do not yet know how many of the unused previous game features do not work in this release (example LSA features awol; attacking a map with 2 BG's from different VL's, static units, ?)

I added my little argument and analogy into this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3217212

I agree with you; it should be blinking obvious to keep all of these abilities present for each game, even if they aren't used, but for some strange reason it isn't

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 13
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 6:01:47 PM   
daly77

Just another question to devs. Is it possible to play this game on netbook? If so what requirements should be for this netbook? Also I heard about your plans to make the game playable for Ipod and android. Is that true and if yes when you planning it for release? Thank you.

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 14
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 7:26:11 PM   
Steve McClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: daly77

Just another question to devs. Is it possible to play this game on netbook? If so what requirements should be for this netbook? Also I heard about your plans to make the game playable for Ipod and android. Is that true and if yes when you planning it for release? Thank you.

Phone and iPod screens are a bit small to work for Close Combat, but there has been talk of tablet support for the next version. So iPad? Maybe. That's about as specific as I can be at this point. :)

The 32-bit graphics in PitF are a bit more demanding than the older versions of the game, so I would not be confident in telling you it will definitely run well on a Netbook. It will probably run, but it may be very slow. The minimum screen resolution is also 1024 x 768, which could be a problem for Netbooks.

(in reply to daly77)
Post #: 15
RE: Developer plans - 12/5/2012 7:42:58 PM   
daly77

Thank you for replying. Im new in this game series even its an old. And how about oldest series of CC like CC on the east and oldest. Those games are playable on new netbooks? Thank you

Post #: 16
RE: Developer plans - 12/7/2012 5:49:23 AM   
Steve McClaire

I do know that some people have been able to play the more recent releases (Wacht am Rhein, The Longest Day, Last Stand Arnhem) on Netbooks, but they're not officially supported, so there could be problems.  The minimum resolution is less though (800 x 600) and the graphical requirements are fairly small.

(in reply to daly77)
Post #: 17
RE: Developer plans - 12/8/2012 5:13:47 PM   
daly77

Thank you for your reply. I found out that the old games from the series are going well on netbooks:) One more reason to buy them!
Another question is that possible in the PITF to save battle in the campaign? If not is it possible to add it in the game?
I lost a lot of battles without it. I don't really have much time to play (child and work) and the game required time. Even 20 minutes of the battle in the real time takes over 1 hour with deployment if you want to play seriously. I suspect that many users need this feature. Thank you once again for replying.

Post #: 18
RE: Developer plans - 12/9/2012 6:51:37 PM   
Steve McClaire

CC has never had the ability to save mid-battle.  It is something we may add in future versions but it probably won't be added to released games.

(in reply to daly77)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Developer plans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI