Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/2/2012 11:42:09 PM   
TheMapMakr

Major Victory for Allies in the First Months of the War END acumulation of Political Points.

I have been concentrating allied surface units from Pearl Harbor to Aden in the waters around Indonesia to counter Japanese invasion operations on the surface, while using Carrier forces as commerance raiders in the mid-Pacific sinking as many transports as possible. By doing so, I have continued to achive a MAJOR ViCTORY very early in the war (Mid- Jan 1942 11,000+ point for allies, 3500+ points for Japanese.)

The issue is, I would like to continue this activity further to see where it leads, but with the posting of MAJOR VICOTRY, political points stop accumilating, and negate my ability to re-assign units among commands, greatly adding a Japanese comback.

Can this be fixed so the game wuld continue normally accumulating politcal points? Can the political points level be edited?

Also...

If say a USN fighter unit is posted to a carrier it is not assigned to (say a RN vessel), and that vessel is withdrawn, one can not recover it, and loose political points for it unit that unit re-appears.

Lee.

Leo W. Loepz
Post #: 1
RE: Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/3/2012 12:41:16 AM   
wdolson

I don't quite understand what you're asking here. Political points accumulate at a constant rate. You can edit a scenario before you start to change the rate if you wish, but you can't change it once a game is started.

Political points should continue to accumulate if the game declares a winner and you decide to keep playing. I have played past the declaration of victory many times and PP continue to accumulate normally. If it isn't, I think that you may have stumbled upon some sort of bug.

It also sounds like you withdrew a Royal Navy carrier with a USN air unit on it and now that air unit is overdue for withdrawal? Overdue air units will cost you PP every turn, so that may be where your PP are going. There isn't really any way to get it back if its on the carrier. I don't know what to suggest other than finding a save from before the carrier was withdrawn and replaying the game from that point.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to TheMapMakr)
Post #: 2
RE: Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/3/2012 3:16:11 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMapMakr

Major Victory for Allies in the First Months of the War END acumulation of Political Points.

I have been concentrating allied surface units from Pearl Harbor to Aden in the waters around Indonesia to counter Japanese invasion operations on the surface, while using Carrier forces as commerance raiders in the mid-Pacific sinking as many transports as possible. By doing so, I have continued to achive a MAJOR ViCTORY very early in the war (Mid- Jan 1942 11,000+ point for allies, 3500+ points for Japanese.)

The issue is, I would like to continue this activity further to see where it leads, but with the posting of MAJOR VICOTRY, political points stop accumilating, and negate my ability to re-assign units among commands, greatly adding a Japanese comback.

Can this be fixed so the game wuld continue normally accumulating politcal points? Can the political points level be edited?

Also...

If say a USN fighter unit is posted to a carrier it is not assigned to (say a RN vessel), and that vessel is withdrawn, one can not recover it, and loose political points for it unit that unit re-appears.

Lee.

If you're looking at the game summary screen where it reads "Major Victory" that is simply a notification of what the victory status would be if the game ended there. You don't have a major victory yet. The game can't end before 1/1/43 unless somebody quits.

If PPs stopped accumulating you have probably failed to withdraw either ships or air units which needed to be withdrawn. You get messages each turn on the penalties accumulating. Look in your turn reports for the detail if you miss them on screen.

The Moose

(in reply to TheMapMakr)
Post #: 3
RE: Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/3/2012 8:10:23 AM   
michaelm

What version of game are you playing? IIRC, there was a fix to stop taking PPs from a group that had been withdrawn on a ship.

Michael

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 4
RE: Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/27/2012 8:33:30 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMapMakr

Also...

Lee.

Removed post. Misread it so pretend I was never here.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 12/27/2012 8:37:25 AM >

(in reply to TheMapMakr)
Post #: 5
RE: Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY - 12/28/2012 9:07:41 AM   
Reg

Is that a disregard???

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has introduced a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Political Points Stop ion Early MAJOR VICTORY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI