Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anti-Tank direct fire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Anti-Tank direct fire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anti-Tank direct fire - 12/2/2012 2:23:46 PM   
genehaynes

Need some help understanding the logic behind Anti Tank direct fire.

For example, in the tutorial the allies have a sherman tank company (3 hits/steps) with a AT value of 10. The Germans get a Tiger tank unit (2 hits / steps) with an AT value of 20. The armor value for both units is 100.

Using the formula: At strength / Hits x Quality x Disruption (Using 0 disruption), when firing at the Tiger we get an AT value of 20 ( 10 / 3 x 6 x 1 = 20). So, using the "to hit" table (range 1) I get a "to hit" value of 82. So far so good, if my d100 roll is < 82 I'll get a hit on the German Tiger unit. But, with an AT value of 20 it's impossible to do any damage to the Tiger because adding a D50 die roll will never result in a value greater than the Tiger's Armor rating of 100. So a company of 76mm Shermans cannot do any damage to the Tigers?? (i.e. No chance of disruption or a kill).

Now when the Tigers attack the Shermans we use the formula: 20 (Tigers AT value) / 2 hits x 8 (Quality) x 1 (No disruption) to get an AT value of 80. Adding a d50 die roll to the AT value of 80 gives the Tigers a good chance of damaging the Shermans.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I question the Tigers being impervious to direct fire of the Shermans. I tested this several times (playing both sides in the turtorial) and never damaged the Tigers.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Anti-Tank direct fire - 12/4/2012 4:19:36 AM   
Joe 98

quote:

ORIGINAL: genehaynes

Maybe I'm missing something, but I question the Tigers being impervious to direct fire of the Shermans.

This is just a tutorial to teach the game mechanics.

I can guess that who ever developed the tutorial intended it to work this way.

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 2
RE: Anti-Tank direct fire - 12/4/2012 12:46:12 PM   
genehaynes

Thanks again Joe,

I think you're right. I started playing some "non-turtorial" scenarios and the armor values were around 24 - 25.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Anti-Tank direct fire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI