Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time of Fury expansion?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Time of Fury expansion? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time of Fury expansion? - 12/1/2012 8:12:55 PM   
Borsook

I've bought every Wasteland Interactive game sine ToW. I really like the games and think they have a lot of potential... but none of gets enough polish, the AI is not improved enough. I feel that in part it is because the devs move on to a new project rather quickly. I understand that, they need to earn the living like anyone else and I support them. So an idea came to me. How about doing an expansion for ToF? An expansion that would add e.g. one new scenario, improve the AI and solve all the gripes people have with it... I don't know about anyone else, but I'd gladly pay for WI to perfect this game...

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Post #: 1
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/1/2012 11:46:54 PM   
gwgardner

I wouldn't pay for fixes, only real enhancements.

Example, I'd pay a small bit for player routing of convoys.

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 2
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/2/2012 9:03:14 AM   
Agent S

I'd like a functional editor.
Then let the community loose.

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/2/2012 10:02:12 AM   
doomtrader

I think we have put much more improvements in the patches than many of the companies in pay DLCs.
We are not abandoning the game.

gwgardner, do you mean that the player can choose the route?

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 4
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/2/2012 3:31:14 PM   
Borsook

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I think we have put much more improvements in the patches than many of the companies in pay DLCs.

I'm not saying you didn't. I'm just saying that maybe instead of a new game you could consider a paid expansion? That would give you more time to work on it... especially the AI is largely the way it was in 1.00. Paradox seems to be making it lately a big part of their expansions (i.e. the improved AI) and their fan based seems to be quite happy with that. Of course they are not the only changes introduced.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/3/2012 5:21:08 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S
I'd like a functional editor.
Then let the community loose.

+1. The editor is the logjam, once this is more user friendly, then the game could take-off.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 6
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/6/2012 6:26:46 PM   
Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I sure bet gwgardener means that we would be allowed to choose the convoy route manually. I absolutely despise your hardcoded convoy routine for the British Colonies, it's an absolute failure in version 1.03. I hate watching the ignorant program routine route BC convoys through the Med all the time until the Axis manages to close off one end of the Med so they reroute around Africa. I want to be able to manually route my convoys as a best case scenario for the whole route. If not that then I want to be able top choose through the Med or around Africa as an either or choice. Plus I want that hardcoding garbage taken out so that when I manually play the British Colonies I can set my convoys up the way I want without the hardcoded ignorance adding to or changing my routing.
Omnius

Oh yeah I second AgentS on getting a functional editor.

< Message edited by Omnius -- 12/6/2012 6:27:13 PM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 7
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/6/2012 8:18:24 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I sure bet gwgardener means that we would be allowed to choose the convoy route manually. I absolutely despise your hardcoded convoy routine for the British Colonies, it's an absolute failure in version 1.03. I hate watching the ignorant program routine route BC convoys through the Med all the time until the Axis manages to close off one end of the Med so they reroute around Africa. I want to be able to manually route my convoys as a best case scenario for the whole route. If not that then I want to be able top choose through the Med or around Africa as an either or choice. Plus I want that hardcoding garbage taken out so that when I manually play the British Colonies I can set my convoys up the way I want without the hardcoded ignorance adding to or changing my routing.
Omnius

Oh yeah I second AgentS on getting a functional editor.

what he said

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 8
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/11/2012 1:05:25 AM   
Wolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

I've bought every Wasteland Interactive game sine ToW. I really like the games and think they have a lot of potential... but none of gets enough polish, the AI is not improved enough. I feel that in part it is because the devs move on to a new project rather quickly. I understand that, they need to earn the living like anyone else and I support them. So an idea came to me. How about doing an expansion for ToF? An expansion that would add e.g. one new scenario, improve the AI and solve all the gripes people have with it... I don't know about anyone else, but I'd gladly pay for WI to perfect this game...

Agree.

I've also got all of the games since ToW but it does feel like the developers move onto the next project (which is really just a new version of the last project) rather than actually finishing what they started.

P.S. talking about finishing things that they started we are still awaiting the new Lightning War scenario (i.e. what became Strategic War in Europe) for ToF which was promised as free content back in March.

< Message edited by Wolfe -- 12/11/2012 1:12:59 AM >

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 9
RE: Time of Fury expansion? - 12/11/2012 12:55:39 PM   
doomtrader

Yep,
this scenario is going to be released as soon as 1.03 will be released and stabilized.

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Time of Fury expansion? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI