Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool" Button

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool" Button Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool"... - 12/1/2012 5:16:23 PM   
Kull

The "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool" Button will only fill the unit up to the current level of aircraft in the unit, not the official maximum. And after you click the button, not only does it NOT fill the unit up to the maximum, but now it greys out the "Draw one Aircraft from Pool" button right next to it, and further replacements are blocked for the next several turns. On the other, hand if you just use the "one at a time" button, it's possible to select the full complement of aircraft (albeit with a lot more "clicks")

The best example of this is visible at the start of any new game as the Japanese player. Select the Yokosuka Ku T-3 E8N2 Dave unit in Yokohama. It has 12 aircraft, but is capable of fielding 36. Clicking the "Fill out with max 24 Aircraft from Pool(70)" button only provides 12 new aircraft, after which the button disappears and the one next to it greys out. Reload the game and select the same unit. This time click the "Draw one Aircraft from Pool" button. You can do so 24 times until the unit maxes out at 36 aircraft (12 existing plus the 24 new ones).

Since the whole purpose of the "Max Fill" button is to reduce clicking, and since the "one at a time" button produces a different result, it seems pretty clear that this is a bug. Thanks for your time, attention, and support!

AE-Japan Setup

AE-Allied Setup

Japan Air-Engine Plan
Post #: 1
RE: Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool&... - 12/1/2012 6:01:29 PM   
napokas

Manual page no.256 "A maximum of 12 planes will be added to a group as replacements every 7 days."

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool&... - 12/1/2012 6:37:29 PM   
Dan Nichols

It sounds like the one at a time button is not working right. Michaelm will have to look at it.

(in reply to napokas)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool&... - 12/2/2012 2:34:35 AM   
michaelm

The replacement counter was being cleared between the button presses.
Changed the logic not to do this regardless of when it happens - the counter will be cleared at end of turn when the replacement delay takes affect.

Michael

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug: "Fill out with max ** Aircraft from Pool" Button Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI