Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship design Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Ship design Bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship design Bug? - 12/1/2012 2:51:30 PM   
Darkspire

Running legends patched to 1.7.0.6 on XP 32bit 4gig Dual brain chip

Have a problem with the ship designs.

I started a game to design my default ship designs as per the 'Whats New.pdf'. I can never remember what levels the various components are so I left the the tech level on setup as starting (level 0) worked through the state ships and bases, just altering the default ships to my Mk1 designs and then saved them from within the ship designer to:
'C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\Customization\modname\designs\racename\'
Then exited to the main menu and started a new game and all my designs came up as optimized. That worked

So far so good ...

As I said, I can never remember what level things are so as new tech was introduced I upgraded the designs, Mk1, Mk2 etc and when I had finished the tech tree and all the designs were done (using only tech for my race, not what the spies had 'borrowed' ) I went into the ship design screen and selected all the designs I had created (orange) and saved them into the design folder, overwriting the old designs file.
Thinking regardless of how I get through the tech tree because of different startups etc I should have very little to design, and as each games designs are refined my race design file would be just updated at the end by saving the designs.

So, I start a new game and it just comes up with something close to 'Can not start this game'
I loaded my last save just to make sure it wasnt anything else and the game started ok. I took the precaution of backing up the default designs so I backed up my new desgins and copied my default designs file into the designs subfolder and the game started fine. I can load the new designs file from within the game though by using my default designs to start a game.

Its a little unclear how to save your design(s), whether each ship should have its own file or put all the designs into one file, when i first tried it I found you cant save the design file in one place and then copy the file into the designs folder, the designs wont load, you have to load them manually, save them into the folder and then start a new game to get them to come up, not sure whether that one has been reported either.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Ship design Bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI