Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Quality values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Unit Quality values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Quality values - 11/30/2012 10:54:04 PM   
genehaynes

Just purchased the game and in the process of reading the manuals (user created & game). In the "tables" section under quality checks, the quality values range from 0 - 100 (which matches the info on the unit information panel (right clicking on a unit). However, in the assualt section unit quality is referred to as a "single digit" value when determining DRMs (Dice roll modifiers). I know it's probaly me, but am I missing something?

Oh, one other thing: While playing the tutorial, during an assualt the message window said my artillery bombard strength was 60 (single unit). The unit info said it was 10, unit quality = 60. How did we get the bombard value of 60?

Game looks really great, just trying to understand the "under the hood" mechanics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post #: 1
RE: Unit Quality values - 12/1/2012 12:09:56 AM   
genehaynes

Found the answer to bombard strength on page 19 of the manual. Bombard strength = Bombard strength x .10 of quality.

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Quality values - 12/1/2012 6:43:22 AM   
Joe 98

quote:

ORIGINAL: genehaynes

the quality values range from 0 - 100 (which matches the info on the unit information panel (right clicking on a unit). However, in the assualt section unit quality is referred to as a "single digit" value when determining DRMs (Dice roll modifiers). I know it's probaly me, but am I missing something?

Sometimes in making a calculation the original figure is divided by 10 before doing the calculation.

This happens with a few calculatins and you jst need to keep your wits about you when reading.

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Quality values - 12/1/2012 1:34:41 PM   
genehaynes

Thanks Joe,
I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm sure I'll have other questions (I'm 68 and have a fairly slow learning curve)

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Unit Quality values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI