1st Pz Army HQ sits on 85 SS stug III f's near end of linked campaign

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

PKH

1st Pz Army HQ sits on 85 SS stug III f's near end of linked campaign

Post by PKH »

This seems odd, as SS stugs have just been piling up in the HQ over many turns. I have the SS Wiking division which are requesting both medium tanks and tank destroyers, and could put these to good use, but they're not being sent from HQ appearantly.
PKH

RE: 1st Pz Army HQ sits on 85 SS stug III f's near end of linked campaign

Post by PKH »

The replacements that arrive in the 1st pz army HQ during the linked campaign seem kind of wonky in general. I get romanian engineers before I have romanian troops, SS infantry when I don't have any SS units, and fighters that are a different from the fighter unit I have so they just stay in the HQ.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yes thanks for reporting. The issue with the SS stugs is new to me. I'll take a look at the replacements in the 1pza campaign for v1.06.

There is i think room for improvement here because currently you just receive a percentage of the normal campaign scenario replacements (including indeed all sorts of odd troops that you dont necc. have in your oob)

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
PKH

Post by PKH »

I've attached a savegame from a couple of turns earlier where it shows 75 stugs in case it helps.

Another think I just noticed is the numbers which are shown on the 'unit troops' tab differs when in image mode or the menu mode. f.ex. the image shows x5500 infantry and x75 medium tanks ss (w/stug image), but when in the menu mode it shows only 2100x infantry and 35x Stug IIIf SS. Also the scrollbar for Troops in the menu mode will constantly reset to the top after a short while.
Attachments
75stugs.zip
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

To prevent the scrollbar from resetting to the top you have to turn off "Auto Mouse Over" on the Preferences tab. Vic commented in an earlier post that he would probably fix this issue for v1.05.

The 5500x in menu mode sometimes represents the combined quantities of several different infantry class replacements received in the game, such as 2000x Staff + 1000x Infantry + 2500x Militia (using the Soviets as an example); other times you will see each type shown separately. I've seen it shown both ways in the same campaign. I'm not sure how the game engine decides to show it one way vs another.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: The Red Baron

To prevent the scrollbar from resetting to the top you have to turn off "Auto Mouse Over" on the Preferences tab. Vic commented in an earlier post that he would probably fix this issue for v1.05.

V1.05 just arrived. But i missed the auto-mouse-over relation. However i did fix another box reset issue where the box resets after clicking on one of the items. So in v1.05 you still have to switch off auto-mouse-over to not have this behaviour. Putting it on the v1.06 list right now, and cross my fingers across my heart hope to die if i dont, will really nail this glitch with this patch.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: The Red Baron

The 5500x in menu mode sometimes represents the combined quantities of several different infantry class replacements received in the game, such as 2000x Staff + 1000x Infantry + 2500x Militia (using the Soviets as an example); other times you will see each type shown separately. I've seen it shown both ways in the same campaign. I'm not sure how the game engine decides to show it one way vs another.

If a HQ has more then 8 different kind of troops it will make some abstractions in the 8-picture mode.

best,
Vic

Return to “Tech Support”