Andre, I'll post some screen shots later today although they won't reveal anything in particular. In the meantime, here's the skinny on what's going on:
1. I know PM is garrisoned by 144th Regiment. There's probably more there, but I don't think a division is posted there. No SigInt of troops there or going there in many months (other than 144th RCT). The airfield went from level four to five a few weeks ago. That's the only base building I've seen on New Guinea in the past two months.
2. Horn Island is held by a small force but may be getting 38th Infantry Div. (according to SigInt). The airfield went to level two a week or so back.
3. Merauke is quiet and the base facilities undeveloped.
4. Milne Bay is developed substantially and probably has a mixed brigade and possibly has a division, though I haven't seen any SigInt since early on (when I got reports that 2nd Div. was going there, but that unit was committed to Luganville for many months, though I haven't "seen it" since the island fell back around June).
5. I've had troops prepping for Milne Bay and offshore islands since early in the game, including Americal regiments. I haven't added any troops to Milne prep since the first of the year.
6. Tons of Allied troops are prepping for Horn Island, Port Moresby, Merauke, and some of the Gulf of Carpenteria bases and islands, for months. Many of these troops are currently located in Sydney and Hobart, with more aboard marus inbound.
7. It's unlikely John is getting SigInt of my troop prep, but it's certainly possible he's been picking up radio traffic ("signals") emanating from my many troop transports making the long, long journey to Hobart, right?
CR what do you bases look like in Northern Australia and how do your Air assets look? Are you pools low due to the recent engagement in Burma? I presume you will be doing some support via LBA. You might get the first shot in but the KB may be on you soon after
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.