Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PT boat activation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> PT boat activation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 4:47:40 PM   
adsoul64

According to the manual I'm supposed to activate PTs and barges at ports with port value at least 1 and more than 10,000 supplies. In fact, the only bases where the option is available (i.e. not greyed) are national home port. The same for TFs, I cannot activate PTs from every transport TF with supplies but only some TFs can convert supply in PTs. I haven't be able to figure out a logic behind that, I mean why TF X can activate and TF Y does not, all factor (supply, transport TF, AK type of ship) being equal? Maybe only at the destination hex?

Anyway, it looks like the manual is no more up-to-date about this subject.
Post #: 1
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 5:15:10 PM   
Alfred

There is a simple logic behind it. Read this thread, in particular my post.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2951689&mpage=1&key=boat�

Alfred

(in reply to adsoul64)
Post #: 2
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 5:27:58 PM   
geofflambert

Thanks, Alfred. Is there a way to disband PTs in a port where you don't need them so that they go into the pool?

adsoul64, is that an amphibious assault ship for US Marines in you avatar?

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 11/29/2012 5:30:32 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 7:18:55 PM   
Cannonfodder

You can disband them in port. Once disbanded, just click the pt-boat and you'll get an option to send it to pool. It takes 15 days..

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 8:20:42 PM   
adsoul64

Thank you guys, I think I got it now. My bet is that I cannot build PTs in , let’s say, Suva, because is not an Australian base, even the flag is Australian. Great forum with a lot of answers, thanks.

Alfred’s guide about “how to find piece of information” is especially useful. But I guess I need to improve my English now, I made several searches for “PT boat”, ““PT boat activation”, “PT boat building”, but I missed the simple “PT boat generation”. My fault

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 5
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 8:39:04 PM   
MrBlizzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Thanks, Alfred. Is there a way to disband PTs in a port where you don't need them so that they go into the pool?

adsoul64, is that an amphibious assault ship for US Marines in you avatar?

It should be Italian CV Cavour

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: PT boat activation - 11/29/2012 8:51:01 PM   
adsoul64

Correct, Italian Navy flagship Cavour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_aircraft_carrier_Cavour_(550))

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 7
RE: PT boat activation - 11/30/2012 5:32:34 AM   
sanch

A related question or two ...

What is the rate of PT boat availability? Is there anywhere I can find it?

In a PBEM, it's summer 42, and I got a dozen PT's a couple months ago, but only 1 since. And, I could really use some more of those beauties (one put 2 torps into an IJN cruiser - it sank like a stone).

(in reply to adsoul64)
Post #: 8
RE: PT boat activation - 11/30/2012 5:58:45 AM   
jmalter

on the Intelligence screen (hotkey I) if you tag the 'Ship Availibility' button, the subsequent screen will show the number of available PTs/LCs in your pool, the (n) number indicates boats recently returned to the pool that will become available after a delay (i think its 30 days for PTs).

i don't think there's a way to access the build rate directly from the game, the WitPTracker program will give you bulk info. early-war, you'll want to create all the PTs you can, the early models need a radar upgrade which adds to their ability to engage the enemy in night combat. so it's worthwhile to buy them at a west-coast port, make the upgrade, then disband them back to the pool. you'll also want to find your AGP auxiliaries and send them to your PT-boat bases. these ships can give torp reloads to PTs, if they are disbanded in the port & are loaded w/ supply.

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 9
RE: PT boat activation - 11/30/2012 6:03:04 AM   
sanch

I know about the info displayed on the Ship Availability screen, but good point about the radars. Also, good suggestion to go and dig around in tracker. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Thanks!

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 10
RE: PT boat activation - 11/30/2012 6:21:17 AM   
sanch

Got it (I think). According to tracker, PT's are apparently ships just like any other. And, according to tracker, I should be getting a steady flow of one every few days.

I'll have to wait and see if this really happens - I've only received one in the past 6 weeks. I wonder if their production ramps up in Aug 42?

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 11
RE: PT boat activation - 11/30/2012 10:39:14 PM   
DaveConn

PTs can be activated at places other than national home ports, but it is dependent on nationality. For example, PTs cannot be activated at Dutch or British ports; but I have been able to activate them at a wide variety of US and Australian-controlled ports.

(in reply to adsoul64)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> PT boat activation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI