Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Printing Maps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Printing Maps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing Maps? - 11/29/2012 12:48:37 AM   
Gerry

Hello:

Is there any way to print a scenario map (for planning purposes). Would like just the map w/o units. Maybe a way to export as a jpg and print??

Thanks,

Gerry
Post #: 1
RE: Printing Maps? - 11/29/2012 12:56:38 AM   
junk2drive

Over at Academy games are 8.5x11 pdf maps for all the games. Don't know about non standard maps.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing Maps? - 11/29/2012 5:49:57 PM   
ericbabe

The way I made the maps for the scenario introductions went something like:

- Load the game with the console enabled by using the "console" program argument in a shortcut to the game (if this works you should see "console" displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the main menu -- I can give more explicit instructions if necessary)
- Load scenarios with FOW turned off (or use the "see" command in the console to show everything)
- Use the keys to disable the display of the interfaces ('i') and units ('v')
- Open the console using the '`' key
- Entering "freecam" in the console, which turns off the movement restrictions of the camera
- Position the camera at a point of view that can see the entire map
- Taking a screenshot

I thought about trying to make this programmatic -- having a map-snapshot feature that would automatically reproduce all these steps for you -- but I'm not sure how many people would actually use such a feature, and the method I described above really doesn't take too many steps.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing Maps? - 11/29/2012 6:49:32 PM   
Gerry

Thanks for the replies. I may ask for help later with console mode.

I might as well state what I would really love to have! I love perusing the scenario/firefight cards you can download from Academy Games in pdf format. They have everything about the scenario on the card including the map. Beautifully laid out. I can peruse these anytime I have a few minutes and they help me:
1. choose a scenario that looks interesting or avoid one that would be overwhelming for me at the moment.
2. plan how to conduct the fight using the data on units, the map and objectives, CAPs, etc.

I find this so fun. It is not the same opening up each scenario inside the game.

I hope I am not the only one and, if others ask, maybe Eric and Erik can provide pdfs for all firefights.

Here's hoping,

Gerry

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing Maps? - 11/30/2012 1:16:51 AM   
junk2drive

This should be a sticky thread in the Maps and Scenarios forum.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Printing Maps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI