With Windows 8 not go. Why?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

SvenilVecchio

With Windows 8 not go. Why?

Post by SvenilVecchio »

J have installed on Windows 8, but it not go.
Gaetano Russo
LiquidSky

RE: With Windows 8 not go. Why?

Post by LiquidSky »

Probably user error [:-]

I used to have Windows 7, and the game ran fine. I upgraded to Windows 8, and the game still runs fine. Perhaps if you tell us how it is not working, any error messages you see and somebody here can help you.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

in windows 8 go with compatibility Windows XP Service Pack 2, when j upgrade lost patch 1.04 it not go none compatibility. It is blocked, j have installed windows 8 and Dc first program.
Gaetano Russo
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

DC was started in Windows 8 before of the patch 1.04 in mode Windows XP not Windows 7, after installing of the patch,it freezes and the screen appears as:
Attachments
Cattura.jpg
Cattura.jpg (123.46 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Gaetano Russo
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm....did you try running the game directly? It is called CaseBlue.exe

As well, you can try running it as an administrator.

It doesn't appear to be giving you an error message, is the game just freezing?
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
fthein

Post by fthein »

ORIGINAL: SvenilVecchio

DC was started in Windows 8 before of the patch 1.04 in mode Windows XP not Windows 7, after installing of the patch,it freezes and the screen appears as:

I have the same problem after upgrading to Windows 8. [:(]
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

Do it already, j have the same problem. Please try it before releasing the patch as well for Windows 8. The game we'll pay you and we would like fluid without breaking.
Gaetano Russo
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

ORIGINAL: fthein

Do it already, j have the same problem. Please try it before releasing the patch as well for Windows 8. The game we'll pay you and we would like fluid without breaking.

Gaetano Russo
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Game is running fine on my Win8 Pro machine, including with the v1.04 patch I installed yesterday.

J have installed on Windows 8, but it not go.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
wallas

Post by wallas »

I run windows 8 also with no issues.
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

ORIGINAL: wallas

With Windows and unpatched DC run

With Windows 8 and patch is freeze.
Gaetano Russo
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

ORIGINAL: wallas

With Windows and unpatched DC run

With Windows 8 and patch is freeze.

NO after restarting windows 8 DC always gives the same problem even without patch
Gaetano Russo
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ok first of all: Windows8 is not officially supported yet.

Second: of course i would like to add this support. I am not planning taking another test machine for v1.05 patch yet, but please help me a little here and give the exact error that occurs on launching DC on Windows8. I might be able to get things running with v1.05 based on feedback in this thread.

Also give your screen resolution and RAM memory please if you are having problems.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ok it seems to actually run here, but in a way to small window.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

ORIGINAL: Vic

NO after restarting windows 8 DC always gives the same problem even without patch

After installation it run, after restart PC DC always gives the same problem even without patch
Gaetano Russo
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

I solved the problem lies in the fact that I have 2 screens extended. When are 2 DC brings up a window of poo in primair screen, if I put only one screen the program starts.
So the problem is related to two screens, to play I have to turn one off. Vic see if you can solve this problem even if not important, but useful for those who need more than that to play another screen to work simultaneously.
Gaetano Russo
Vic

Post by Vic »

After installation it run, after restart PC DC always gives the same problem even without patch

In the screenshot you launched DC from the matrix startup menu, could you try launching the game by directly running the CaseBlue.exe? and see if it makes a difference?

best,
Vic
Vic

Post by Vic »

We seem to have located the issue with Svenil.

Is your problem also caused by 2 screens?

Are you running the game in Windows7 compatibility mode?

If it aint working please provide me with a screenshot or error text of what happens

best,
Vic
Vic

Post by Vic »

I solved the problem lies in the fact that I have 2 screens extended. When are 2 DC brings up a window of poo in primair screen, if I put only one screen the program starts.
So the problem is related to two screens, to play I have to turn one off. Vic see if you can solve this problem even if not important, but useful for those who need more than that to play another screen to work simultaneously.

Ok good to hear. Still i am disturbed with the incosistent effect after restarting.

best,
Vic
SvenilVecchio

Post by SvenilVecchio »

We seem to have located the issue with Svenil.

Is your problem also caused by 2 screens?

Are you running the game in Windows7 compatibility mode?

If it aint working please provide me with a screenshot or error text of what happens

best,
Vic

bo in Windows 8 none compatibility, here design problem:
Attachments
ImmagineproblemaDC.jpg
ImmagineproblemaDC.jpg (38.26 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Gaetano Russo

Return to “Tech Support”