Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ground withdrawals

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ground withdrawals Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ground withdrawals - 11/28/2012 5:55:50 AM   
dontra85

I have been away from the game in afghanistan for awhile and am just starting up again. I have always played the japanese and never had to worry about ground unit withdrawals. Any ideas on how to do it. do the units need to be sent to the east coast and cape town respectively or is it automatic. air units are disbanded and ships can be withdrawn at certain ports but not very good info on the ground units.
Post #: 1
RE: ground withdrawals - 11/28/2012 7:09:08 AM   
Roger Neilson 3

Allied ground units do as they are told and simply disappear from the board when their withdrawal comes up. Its the planes and the ships that need to be watched for.

Roger

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 2
RE: ground withdrawals - 11/28/2012 10:02:27 AM   
jmalter

RN3 has it right, LCUs are withdrawn automatically. not sure on this, but if an LCU is loaded on ships, it can't be withdrawn & you'll pay a PP price.

some LCUs have the note 'out of theater', their components aren't added back to your device pools when they withdraw.

for withdrawing airgroups, always remove any reserve aircraft before allowing them to withdraw. some w/d airgroups will be scheduled to return later, others have the 'withdraw' option grayed out and can only be disbanded. if the airgroup must disband, empty its pilots to the reserve pool, & consider downgrading its planes to last-line aircraft before disbanding the group.

for ships, fly off any CV or FP air components to the local base before withdrawing. these airgroups can be useful trainers, & you won't take any PP heat if the ship is withdrawn w/o its planes.

(in reply to Roger Neilson 3)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> ground withdrawals Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI