ORIGINAL: rev rico
I don't know how to do a screenshot (anyone explain on an XP system?), but here's my Allied top pilots as of Jan ...
On my XP system I do ...
1. Hit Print Screen Button
2. Alt-Tab to desktop.
3. Start the Paint program from the menu.
4. Select Edit - Paste - this will dump your screenshot into the Paint program.
The only problem is this dumps your entire screen, which probably is more than you really need. So, to fix this, using the Paint program ...
1. Use the Select tool (the dotted-line rectangle) to select the part that I want. I click on the top-left corner of the area I want and drag to the bottom-right corner.
2. Select Edit - Copy - this copies the selected area to the clipboard.
3. Select File - New - the Paint program will ask if you really want to throw away your screenie. Yes, that's ok.
4. Select Edit - Paste - this pastes the area you selected in step 1. and copied to the clipboard in step 2. Now you have the part of the screen you really wanted. Now you can draw lines, add text, whatever. When done, ...
5. Select File - Save As - this is NOT File - Save. Then, for 'Save as type', be certain to select JPEG.
And you're done. You *should* now have a jpeg image you can upload or whatever.
Hope this helps ...