Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the stutter

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> the stutter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the stutter - 11/28/2012 2:04:51 AM   
Cruis.In

it really annoys me

check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgeJML_tMw

no matter how high end the system is. A 20 vs 20 will cause the slight stutter. Please please upgrade the rendering engine or something. Its got nothing to do with the size of game being played etc. The ship combat just stutters once a certain number are on screen and they start shooting.

I therefore suspect the weapon effects are the single greatest culprit. Since hundreds of ships can mingle on screen fine but when you ask them to shoot to one another it stutters during weapons fire.
Post #: 1
RE: the stutter - 11/28/2012 6:27:11 AM   
Haree78

Well this really is a case of the game allowing you to go as large as you like but you need the hardware to support it yourself. Optimisation can only go so far.
I don't have stutter issues that you speak of unless I have numbers of ships verging on 100 doing battle.
I guess they went with the idea that it's up to the user to limit their games based on what their computer can manage, not set an arbitrary limit to try and never have slow down.

Distant Worlds Extended
Battlestar Galactica Legends Mod

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 2
RE: the stutter - 11/28/2012 1:17:29 PM   
WiZz

It's a video of original game. In addons performance is far better.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 3
RE: the stutter - 11/28/2012 2:28:13 PM   
Cruis.In

what are the specs of your pc?

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 4
RE: the stutter - 11/28/2012 8:57:57 PM   
TheDROCK

I get stutter and I also get the music shutting down. I've stopped playing the game because of it.

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 5
RE: the stutter - 11/29/2012 1:34:33 AM   
Cruis.In

I have a high end card. Which I know the game doesn't use. It uses processing power. I have high end core i 7.

In eve I can play thousand ship battles at smooth frame rate. it is the limitations of the engine.

(in reply to TheDROCK)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> the stutter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI