Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience - 11/28/2012 2:03:24 AM   
Rison

Hi all

After a long break, looking to play scen 1 as allies against Japanese AI.

What is currently the best AI expereince? Patch 6? Patch 7 beta? Patch 7 beta scenarios? Mods?

I am looking at playing the campaign to completion, so stability/consistency is a huge consideration for me.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience - 11/28/2012 4:29:54 AM   
crsutton

Always use the latest official patch. The AI is pretty much the same but a lot of little things are better. I don't believe the patches have made any changes to the AI scripts so the experience is the same. The Japanese AI does a pretty good job for about the first six months of the war if you are playing the Allies. The new betas are fine but you don't really need them.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Rison)
Post #: 2
RE: Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience - 11/28/2012 4:39:41 PM   
Lecivius

I dunno. The lastest beta patch fixes a lot of erata issues that can drive you crazy. Andy has some improved AI scenarios posted. I like RA5 on AI with the latestbeta patch, just because I deliberatly did not look at all the changes made. Keeps me guessing as to what is "Still Out There". But for the 1st time you probably want to stay with stock, Scenario 1, and then the latest 'official ' patch. Updating to the latest Beta will improve your experience, but add things not easily foun in, say, the manual.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience - 11/28/2012 5:17:00 PM   
Chickenboy

My advice is to stick with the latest 'official' patches.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 4
RE: Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience - 11/29/2012 3:07:54 PM   
oldman45

To have a good experience with the AI, don't "fight" for every location. There are key places that if the AI doesn't get them it does very poorly. Some examples are Ambon, Rabaul, Rangoon, Palembang, the Celebes, Borneo. There are others but in the past if I was very aggressive and willing to sacrifice ships and men, the AI burped if I held those locations. By letting the AI have these and a few other historical locations allows you the player to have a more enjoyable and longer game.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Beta or no Beta? Mods? WitP AE best AI Experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI