Moving Air Units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
BIG ERN

Moving Air Units

Post by BIG ERN »

A newbie here. I have gigured out the process of moving rail guns and aa units. When I move air units they disappear but so far I havent seen an option to put them into another airfield. How long is the delay between when they are moved and when they reappear for allocation?
TaggedYa

RE: Moving Air Units

Post by TaggedYa »

ORIGINAL: BIG ERN

A newbie here. I have gigured out the process of moving rail guns and aa units. When I move air units they disappear but so far I havent seen an option to put them into another airfield. How long is the delay between when they are moved and when they reappear for allocation?

With an air unit selected click the move button and then click on the new airfield you want them to move to. They move instantly. However, the aircraft assigned to the unit are "in transit" and most are not available for a day or two.

An interesting point here. If a unit doesn't have any aircraft because you just changed their aircraft type then it doesn't cost any action points to move them. Ground crews move for free, aircraft cost 1 action each and take some time to move. Its a little gamey but you can change a unit to anything you have one of, then change it right back to what they were flying, and now you can move them for free. You do pay a cost however as it takes a bit longer to get new aircraft than it does to move your old aircraft.

When you return aircraft to the pool that needed maintenance or repair their state is saved so when they show up later a "new plane" can go into maintenance instead of becomeing ready.

TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

AFAIK moving airgroups from one airfield to another AF causes a delay of 180 minutes plus
the distance between these locations in miles.
for example: distance is 200 miles, so the delay would be 200 + 180 = 380 minutes.
Also the moral of the transit airgroup would drop by 5 %.

Please correct me, if I was wrong...
Greetings,
Creeper
TaggedYa

Post by TaggedYa »

I have not checked exactly what happens as a unit moves. I have noticed that a full group (40 aircraft) will have a very few aircraft ready the next morning and the rest showing as in transit. By the next day they will have a usable number ready so I generally just figure that a unit I move will be out for one full day and be less than full strength for a second day.

I almost always am moving them for a long distance as I rotate them to the east for R&R. I have always considered it strange that a move out of the combat area caused a loss in moral.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
TaggedYa

Post by TaggedYa »

I am playing as Allied at the moment and paying attention to moral and time. For the allies a move from lands end to the north sea coast (as far as possible within England cost 4 moral and reduces a group (25 ready aircraft) to 3 or 4 ready aircraft. Any shorter move costs the same. If they don't fly then they will have good strength the next day. This seems to confirm the distance is important theory but not the mileage as some are ready instantly. I will do a test (i.e. pay attention) with the axis later.
TaggedYa

The Vociferously Verbose
BIG ERN

Post by BIG ERN »

thanks

Return to “The War Room”