Group / LCU removals

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jzardos

Group / LCU removals

Post by jzardos »

As the Japanese how do you satisfy the requirement of groups or units that are scheduled to be removed? Do I disband or withdraw them?

Thanks
Grfin Zeppelin

RE: Group / LCU removals

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

You can do both. If they return I would only withdraw tho.

Puhis

Post by Puhis »

LCUs just disappear, you cannot do anything to keep them, and you don't have to do anything to remove them.
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

I'm curious what these removals are simulating? What is the abstraction here ... where are they going? I'm in a game in early 42 and now losing some good fighter groups this way (only 1 coming back later .. I think). If I don't 'remove' them do I just pay a price in pp or is it in victory points?

Thanks
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

You lose PPs if you don't withdraw them. It "simulates" (historical) redeployment and reassignment of airgroups, ships and ground forces. It might seem odd at times, especially while playing the Japanese, but it is just the way it is.

You'll have to get used to it and plan ahead.. It's not that bad really, just another thing to do :-)
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

It makes it a little less painful if you depopulate those groups of pilots in advance.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

I noticed on some group removals there's a ', P' at the end of the highlighted text which notifies you about the removal & time. This is on the group detail page. What is the significance of the 'P'. Sorry not screen shot, but if needed I can attach one. I did withdraw this group and it did prompt me to about recreating the group 120 days later. So my idea that the 'P' was for permanent is probably misguided?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”