Matrix Games Forums

Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setup for "Joe's Bridge"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Setup for "Joe's Bridge" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setup for "Joe's Bridge" - 11/26/2012 9:12:16 PM   
BigDuke66

Unfortunately I does have any info on the exact placement of the German units in this scenario but doesn't the placement of the 3rd Battalion KG Hoffman together with the flak unit there look strange?
The flak unit is named "1st Hvy Flak Pl Weyrken Bridge 'static'", problem is the Weyrken Bridge is on the left side of the map.
Interesting is that if I would pull those troops 7 squares to the left and wouldn't change the placement inside the square the setup near the "Heider Heide" would seem to be perfect and would make more sense, unfortunately that doesn't mean that my assumption is correct.
Anyone got some info about this?

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 11/26/2012 9:32:24 PM >

JOIN The Blitz Wargaming Club

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Post #: 1
RE: Setup for "Joe's Bridge" - 12/1/2012 1:40:08 AM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Interesting is that if I would pull those troops 7 squares to the left and wouldn't change the placement inside the square the setup near the "Heider Heide" would seem to be perfect and would make more sense,

IIRC that's where they are set up in HTTR but as I researched this battle, it became apparent that the bridge west of Joes's bridge was blown and undefended by the Germans. So I gave the 2 88's to 3rd Battalion and placed them in a more favorable and probably more historical location. The towed guns defending this sector during the German retreat through Belgium rarely had transport, thus they remained static units.

simovitch

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2
RE: Setup for "Joe's Bridge" - 12/1/2012 3:21:32 AM   
BigDuke66

Thanks for clarifying that.

JOIN The Blitz Wargaming Club

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Setup for "Joe's Bridge" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI