Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Points for sunk INJ carrier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Points for sunk INJ carrier Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 7:23:17 PM   
General Patton

Is there any reason why the system will not award points for a sunk INJ carrier? Its jan., 1942 and the dutch got lucky and sunk the Akagi near Java. Its in the sunk ships list but the points don't show up on the Intel screen. could it be because its been reported but not confermed?
Post #: 1
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 7:39:51 PM   
dr.hal

It is a result of an age old problem, the fog of war!!! That Dutch skipper may have over exaggerated the impact of his torpedoes.... This is a result of either too much beer or the game engine rolling the dice and not letting you know!

(in reply to General Patton)
Post #: 2
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 7:54:15 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

How many torpedoes hit the Akagi ? Akagi and Kaga are very tough to sink with torpedoes. Like dr.Hal said, very likely fog of war.

I once had a Dinah pilot claiming an U.S sub........... -.-

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 8:24:35 PM   
General Patton

The funny part is, the sub didn't fire anything. must be the beer. Thanks guys

(in reply to Gräfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 4
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 8:35:34 PM   
inqistor

I do not think I have seen large ship sunk by just ONE submarine. The only thing you can be sure, is that ship is sunk, if it was written as sunk in Combat Report.

I have Japanese BB reported as sunk for a third time, but it never got more than 2 torpedoes, so chances for it are nill.

Post #: 5
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 10:18:41 PM   
Lecivius

I hit the Junyo with 4 torps from a dutch boat, in my recent RA game. Four booms witnessed in the playback, with gurgling sounds.

It was definitly a "Take that, Darth Vader! " moment.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 6
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/26/2012 10:20:42 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

I do not think I have seen large ship sunk by just ONE submarine. The only thing you can be sure, is that ship is sunk, if it was written as sunk in Combat Report.

You can be sure SOME ship sank, but not necessarily the one in the report. Same for own ships. And I've lost US carriers to one IJN sub. In my last AI game, Saratoga, two days out of San Diego in the first week of the war.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/26/2012 10:21:03 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 7
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 11/27/2012 11:53:28 AM   
Uncivil Engineer

My PBEM RA game is also in Jan 42. I got lucky and put 3 torpedoes into Saratoga leaving San Diego. Showed up as sunk the next day, but no points. Hit it with another 3 torpedoes 2 days later heading back to San Diego; now it shows that Lexington was sunk and the points showed up. So, I know I got a CV, just not sure what number is painted on the deck.

Post #: 8
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 12/15/2012 2:59:41 PM   
General Patton

New game, end of dec41, my 3 carriers attacked CVL and had witnesses, but for a total of 5 INJ ships sunk, have 151 points. the CVL is worth 181 and the other 4 ships 2 SSX, 1 AKL and 1 xAK. Still a point problem, but its not in question as weather or not the CVL was sunk.

< Message edited by General Patton -- 12/15/2012 3:14:00 PM >

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 9
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 12/15/2012 5:04:22 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

New game, end of dec41, my 3 carriers attacked CVL and had witnesses, but for a total of 5 INJ ships sunk, have 151 points. the CVL is worth 181 and the other 4 ships 2 SSX, 1 AKL and 1 xAK. Still a point problem, but its not in question as weather or not the CVL was sunk.

Um, yeah, it is an open question.

One work around is always to look at the planes lost report. If you see a CVL-worth of the correct models gone that day it's a pretty good indicator. Not seing them is not, however, as they can bingo to another deck or to a land base if available.

The Moose

Post #: 10
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 12/15/2012 9:50:30 PM   
Hotschi

Against the AI playing as the Allies, I always read the joperationsreport.txt as available in the save folder.... What a cheater I am!

I think that Allied deciphering and radio traffic analysis gave a clearer picture than we have in the game.

"One day, Tom, you'll be standing on a box on your bridge, and your ship will be smashed to pieces by bombers and torpedo aircraft; as she sinks, your last words will be "That was a f**ing great mine!""
- Air Marshal Arthur Harris to Adm Tom Phillips

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 11
RE: Points for sunk INJ carrier - 12/15/2012 11:14:20 PM   
General Patton

The action took place at Midway and the japnese aircraft were lost, its just i dont get the point issue. oh well. Back to the front.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Points for sunk INJ carrier Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI