Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about OOB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Question about OOB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about OOB - 11/26/2012 3:55:21 PM   
ru_disa

Hello,
I just bought the game and I have a couple of questions about how OOB is handled in ATG.

1) From what I could see from a first glance, it is possible to have a Supreme HQ -> its subordinate HQs ("Army 1", "Army 2", etc) -> Units.
Are these the only 2 HQ levels in the game? Is it possible to create intermediate HQs between SHQ and "Army 1"? For example, I'd like to create "Army Group North", to which I would attach "Army 1" and "Army 2". How would the distribution of supplies and HQ bonuses work then?

2) Is there a way to see my OOB?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Question about OOB - 11/26/2012 4:45:20 PM   
Twotribes

Basic game I believe has 3 or 4 levels of HQs so yes you can have Supreme, Group and army.

Look at the bottom row of options one on the left will take you to a screen that shows Hqs and whats under them.

(in reply to ru_disa)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about OOB - 11/26/2012 4:54:22 PM   
ru_disa

Perfect! Thanks!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about OOB - 11/26/2012 9:47:30 PM   
Josh

" How would the distribution of supplies and HQ bonuses work then? "

Supply flows automatically, no need for trucks or horses for that, as long as the distance from your railnetwork isn't too great all units get their supply. So from there it follows that engineers can be your most important units, they build the railroads. No railroads no supply, no supply no army. You can see that for yourself when you send a unit far ahead, say a cavalry unit, at one point the supply dot on the counter will turn yellow and then red.. time to get back home :-)
HQ bonus is simple, as long as a units HQ is within 3 hexes it gets 100% bonus (oh and make sure that HQ is filled to 100% staff) every hex added is 20%  less HQ bonus. Other HQ's or SHQ's don't count in this case, they don't give a HQ bonus to other units... easilly discernable by the coloured bar on the unit counter. Did you know you can change that colour too? Just click on that coloured bar on the HQ and a popup appears, you can then choose any colour you want.

(in reply to ru_disa)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about OOB - 11/27/2012 3:36:42 PM   
ru_disa

Thanks Josh, that clears it up nicely! Honestly, I've just given a cursory look at the game so far. I'm playing DC:CB right now, and I'm enjoying it immensly. I took advantage of the discount and bought ATG, since the idea of non-historical games on random maps really intrigues me and I plan on divin in pretty soon! From what I could gather from your replies, the way HQs work is not too dissimilar from DC:CB, so I should adjust pretty easily...

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Question about OOB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI