Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 11/26/2012 5:06:57 AM   
rosseroo

Just bought and downloaded the game, ran the update, which appeared to install successfully. However, I get an error message that the Pixel Shader 3.0 and Vertex Shader 3.0 aren't available. I checked the driver for the graphics card and it's got Shader 4.0, so I'm not sure what to do. Please advise, thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 11/26/2012 5:21:48 AM   
junk2drive

If it is a newer computer with DX10 or 11, you may try installing DX9c from Microsoft. I have know idea if that will help but you may not hear from Matrix until tomorrow.

(in reply to rosseroo)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 11/26/2012 4:28:38 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. Sorry to see you're having problems. Please post your DxDiag file and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. Meanwhile, please try updating your video drivers.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 11/27/2012 1:53:38 AM   
rosseroo

When I first got the error, I updated the video driver, but that didn't solve it. I'm attaching the DxDiag info to the post for your review.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 11/27/2012 9:01:19 PM   
ericbabe

Thank you for the DxDiag info. The Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family has 64MB of dedicated memory. Your card has access to 1631 MB of shared memory; this is memory shared with the operating system, and which may not be available. "Conflict of Heroes" specs require a video card with 128MB. My best guess as to what's going on is that for some reason your card may not be able to access enough shared memory to initialize the shaders. I would try lowering your Desktop resolution, killing any unnecessary processes, and -- if you have a dual monitor system -- turning off one of your displays. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Have you been able to run the game with the Pixel Shader 2.0 shaders?

(in reply to rosseroo)
Post #: 5
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 12/24/2012 1:00:19 PM   
Delta91

Hi,

I own the boardgame(s) and wanted to give the Demo a try,unfortunately I also get the Vertex/Shader 3.0 issue.

I think my hardware is OK, From DxDiag:
Asus NJ61v laptop
Core i5 M430 2.27 GHz
Ram 4GO
DirectX 11
Gfx card, nvidia GT 325m

The gfx card use the nVidia Optimus technolgy which use both a basic intel gfx controller for common desktop tasks and a nVidia dedicated 3D engine for 3D intensive tasks.
I wonder if there is a problem with the Optimus technoogy and the Game check the gfx performances based on the low specs intel Gfx controller without properly switching to the 3D accelerator?

I can run many 3D real time games without any problems.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 12/24/2012 3:18:47 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. The Nvidia GT 325m should be able to run the demo. Are you sure the game is opening on a device controlled by that video card and not your basic graphics card? The XNA libraries the demo uses will try to use whichever graphics card is controlling the monitor on which the demo is trying to run. It may be possible the engine is also checking the specs of the other device, but looking at the code now, that doesn't seem to be the case.

(in reply to Delta91)
Post #: 7
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 12/24/2012 5:40:49 PM   
Delta91

Thanks for your answer

I had previously tried to force the gme to use the Nvidia Accelerator with the Nvidia Configuration tool which allows to select the settings manually for each program.

But it seems I had a conflict with another of my PC games, Unity of Command whose executable is also called "autorun.exe". And the Nvidia Configuration tool kept only the settings for the previously installed Unity of Command

I tryed to rename the "autorun.exe" file, but I get an "Could not find data file" error

So for Conflict of Heroes I modified the settings for the "HexGame.exe" file and I was able to run this version of the Demo.

Now it also seems to works when I run the "autorun.exe"!

Happy Christmas

< Message edited by Delta91 -- 12/24/2012 5:45:40 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 8
RE: Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 - 12/24/2012 8:28:15 PM   
ericbabe

Glad to hear you got it working. In general I think it would work better to modify the settings for HexGame.exe than for any autorun files.

(in reply to Delta91)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> Game Launch Prohblem / Pixel Shader 3.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI