Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coral Sea scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Coral Sea scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 6:37:15 PM   
Cheeks

I just purchased WITP:AE and played through the Coral Sea scenario on the historical setting FOW is on, realistic torps & damage control.

I won a Decisive victory as the Allies without really knowing on what I was doing. It surprises me that at this stage in my understanding of the game system (translated to virtually nothing) that I pulled a decisive..., even through I lost the Lexington.

Is this atypical for the scenario? I'd be interested in other beginner experiences.

< Message edited by Cheeks -- 11/25/2012 6:39:02 PM >

Turn the other cheek
Post #: 1
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 8:23:12 PM   
Cannonfodder

Try playing it as the Japanese.

"An agile, adaptable and capable Air Force that, person for person, is second to none, and that makes a decisive air power contribution in support of the UK Defence Mission."

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 2
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 8:39:17 PM   
inqistor

In this Scenario it is all about who will win CV battle. If Allies, Japan can not land its troops, so it will lose.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 3
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 9:53:36 PM   
n01487477

The AI in Coral Sea is not very good. JWilkerson said as much a long time ago. The scenario is too short for the AI to have a fighting chance. Try Guadalcanal for a better feel of your capabilities. Maybe Andy has tweaked it (CS) a bit since then - but my last play through was an easy decisive victory too.

Coral is just to get familiarised with some CV operations. Guadal, gives a better experience.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/25/2012 10:15:15 PM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 4
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/26/2012 12:17:40 AM   
PaxMondo

+1

GUA scen is a much different beast

Pax

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/26/2012 12:46:46 AM   
JeffK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheeks

I just purchased WITP:AE and played through the Coral Sea scenario on the historical setting FOW is on, realistic torps & damage control.

I won a Decisive victory as the Allies without really knowing on what I was doing. It surprises me that at this stage in my understanding of the game system (translated to virtually nothing) that I pulled a decisive..., even through I lost the Lexington.

Is this atypical for the scenario? I'd be interested in other beginner experiences.

You probably were in the same situation as the leaders on both sides.

Despite a lot of theory and gaming they had no idea how a CV v CV battle would pan out.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Coral Sea scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI