Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coral Sea scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Coral Sea scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 6:37:15 PM   
Cheeks

I just purchased WITP:AE and played through the Coral Sea scenario on the historical setting FOW is on, realistic torps & damage control.

I won a Decisive victory as the Allies without really knowing on what I was doing. It surprises me that at this stage in my understanding of the game system (translated to virtually nothing) that I pulled a decisive..., even through I lost the Lexington.

Is this atypical for the scenario? I'd be interested in other beginner experiences.

< Message edited by Cheeks -- 11/25/2012 6:39:02 PM >

Turn the other cheek
Post #: 1
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 8:23:12 PM   
Cannonfodder

Try playing it as the Japanese.

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 2
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 8:39:17 PM   
inqistor

In this Scenario it is all about who will win CV battle. If Allies, Japan can not land its troops, so it will lose.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 3
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/25/2012 9:53:36 PM   
n01487477

The AI in Coral Sea is not very good. JWilkerson said as much a long time ago. The scenario is too short for the AI to have a fighting chance. Try Guadalcanal for a better feel of your capabilities. Maybe Andy has tweaked it (CS) a bit since then - but my last play through was an easy decisive victory too.

Coral is just to get familiarised with some CV operations. Guadal, gives a better experience.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/25/2012 10:15:15 PM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 4
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/26/2012 12:17:40 AM   
PaxMondo

+1

GUA scen is a much different beast

Pax

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Coral Sea scenario - 11/26/2012 12:46:46 AM   
JeffK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheeks

I just purchased WITP:AE and played through the Coral Sea scenario on the historical setting FOW is on, realistic torps & damage control.

I won a Decisive victory as the Allies without really knowing on what I was doing. It surprises me that at this stage in my understanding of the game system (translated to virtually nothing) that I pulled a decisive..., even through I lost the Lexington.

Is this atypical for the scenario? I'd be interested in other beginner experiences.

You probably were in the same situation as the leaders on both sides.

Despite a lot of theory and gaming they had no idea how a CV v CV battle would pan out.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Cheeks)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Coral Sea scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI