Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
values - 11/25/2012 4:49:03 PM   
joey

What are good values for the following pools: HI, armaments, vehicles, supply fuel, naval, and merchant shipyards going into 1944 for Japan? It is tough to adjust industry if one does not know what to adjust it to. thanks, j
Post #: 1
RE: values - 11/25/2012 5:42:54 PM   
PaxMondo

Playstyle and randomness are too large factors to give you that.  You need to use Tracker.  There are plots that show you how much you will need to incoming units versus how much you are building.  You need to keep what you are building ahead of what is coming. 

Let me give you some examples.  Mike only builds his VEH up to about 180 - 200 pts and he is fine.  He doesn't sustain a lot of armor losses, so he can get away with this.  Others, routinely suggest VEH up to 250.  Me?  most games I have to take VEH up to about 300.  I seem to have really bad luck with armor losses (or I don't use them right ).  Anyway, just on this one you have range from 180 - 350 ... that's almost 100%. 

Each of the others can be argued the same.

Pax

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 2
RE: values - 11/25/2012 8:21:52 PM   
Cannonfodder

If you played your cards right you won't need a lot of naval points in the pool in 1944. Adjust it to what you need, do not stack it. You aren't going to get lot's of big new ships in the later part of the war..

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: values - 11/25/2012 9:01:43 PM   
inqistor

Armament, and Vehicles depends on your current rebuilding, and future reinforcements. You can check it in information screen. Probably enough for 3 Divisions should be enough, if you are willing to turn production later.

For shipyards you should be on 0. If you are stockpiling such points you are not accelerating your ships enough. Although you can probably forget most of your Merchant building.

HI, supply, and fuel - never enough
Allies will cut your oil flow, so then you will be only on those stockpiled reserves.

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 4
RE: values - 11/25/2012 10:14:45 PM   
joey

I read some where in this forum that 30,000 is required in the pool for vehicles and 200,000 is required for armaments in pool by 1944. So I deduced that there must be a required number for all the rest by 1944 to have a fighting chance. I am trying to get a feel for what the Japanese needed in all other pools to survive. It seems to be such a balancing act.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI