Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Fort Construction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Fort Construction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Fort Construction - 11/25/2012 2:38:27 AM   
HITMAN202

Playing my first '42 (summer hasn't started yet) I see the ability for the Soviets to build forts is crucial. Having never played the Soviets, how do you maximize their fort construction ???

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Fort Construction - 11/25/2012 7:10:08 AM   
morvael

Build sapper regiments for every army hq (as many as you can afford, usually 2-3). They have a random chance to help digging one of the army's unit each turn. Once you get the corps you may attach sapper SU to them permanently, so that given corps will dig in better.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Fort Construction - 11/25/2012 4:07:31 PM   
BIG ERN

Asa soviet I like to build fortified units behind the front line. They always surrender but each time they take valuable opeating points and limit german penetration in 41/42,

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Fort Construction - 11/26/2012 3:21:15 AM   
turtlefang

I'm not fond of fortified units except in front of Moscow and a very few around LG. A fortified unit required at least 4 AP pts plus a lot of ARM pts in regards to artillery and MGs that go into building it. Unless you plan to build a level 4 or level 5 fort, its an expensive speedbump. If your lossing a lot of them to surrenders, that a lot of ARM pts that's your lossing.

I might recommend that you consider infantry divisions that can retreat and rebuild versus lossing the fortified unit. Long term, its going to be a lot cheaper than fortified units.

As far as building forts, the Russians have to stack infantry divisions in additional to getting the sapper units or construction regiments assigned. Russian unit construction values are simply low compared to the Germans so plan ahead, its simply NOT going to happen as fast as it does with the German.

(in reply to BIG ERN)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Fort Construction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI