Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaign... - 11/24/2012 3:13:46 PM   
MTTODD

Do you need to do anything for your fighters to intercept enemy aircraft
or does the system do it automatically ?

Many thanks for any help.

P.S - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris but had no reply so thought would try here.
Post #: 1
RE: Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Camp... - 11/24/2012 4:36:46 PM   
Bonners

The main thing for your fighters is to set the level of readiness. When you select the unit there is an intercept percentage that you can alter. It goes from 'Dont Intercept' to '>75%' which means that the units will only intercept if they have readiness of 75% or over. On mine I generally keep them at either only intercepting at 75% or at the dont intercept level. If you have them intercepting at 50% or 25% be prepared for some heavy losses. Only use those levels if you are desperate.

Having said that fighters do not automatically intercept, it only means that they will automatically try to intercept. How it is worked out I am not sure, but I presume factors such as AP points left and range come into the equation?

(in reply to MTTODD)
Post #: 2
RE: Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Camp... - 11/24/2012 4:41:20 PM   
Reconvet

I can add remaining action points (=flying miles left) to Bonners list. I also suspect that morale is a factor too for a unit to launch an intercept mission.

The biggest threat for mankind is ignorance.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 3
RE: Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Camp... - 11/25/2012 7:17:14 PM   
MTTODD

Thanks for all your replays.

That helps a lot.

(in reply to MTTODD)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Air intercepts - originally posted on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI