Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empire borders in 1.7.0.16

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 - 11/23/2012 6:38:10 PM   
Norse

Hello,

I had pictures to illustrate what I mean but everytime I try and post the thread with a link in it I get the message "You are not allowed to post links for 7 days from the date of your tenth post." So instead the pictures are available in the attached zip file. Hope this is not to much trouble for people.

Then to the issue at hand.
I have not played DW in quite a while so this might have been changed before without me knowing but when DW Legends first came I could see the borders of enemy empires, like in the picture "Borders_old"

Now when I select the "Show Empire Influence" button I only see my own borders, when I turn it off I can see a sphere around each individual system showing who owns it.
Examples in the files "Borders_On" and "Borders_off".

The "Borders_Off" is with "Show Empire Influence" off, and "Borders_On" is with it on.

Is this a bug is the newest version, have it been changed in a previous update or am I just missing something blatantly obvious ?
I have version 1.7.0.16.

Hope someone can enlighten me on this.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 - 11/23/2012 8:37:40 PM   
Bingeling

You see borders for a colony when you have discovered it, and I see no colonies other than yours in the "ON" picture?

(in reply to Norse)
Post #: 2
RE: Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 - 11/23/2012 9:54:29 PM   
Norse

When I have turned on "Show Empire Influence" I can only see my empire, in the "Off" picture you see a bunch of purple systems, these are systems owned by other empires. So I can see that the system is owned by another empire when i have turned off "Show Empire Influence" but as soon as I turn it on the spheres around these system disappear.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 - 11/23/2012 11:35:46 PM   
Haree78

In the borders off image that is showing you that that system is owned by the purple empire's area of influence but you as of yet have not discovered any systems of theirs that is projecting the influence so you cannot see the spheres of influence yet. As soon as you see the systems owned by purple the influence will become more clear.

< Message edited by Haree78 -- 11/23/2012 11:38:25 PM >

Distant Worlds Extended
Battlestar Galactica Legends Mod

(in reply to Norse)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Empire borders in 1.7.0.16 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI