Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download infected?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Download infected? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download infected? - 11/23/2012 6:06:38 AM   
bluckster

Just tried install and got this from Norton Internet Security. Can you please guide me as to whether there is a reason for my concern on this or why not. NIS removes the file after download with this explanation:

February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High
Systems Affected:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Post #: 1
RE: Download infected? - 11/23/2012 7:55:20 AM   
tigercub

i bet this is bull twang!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to bluckster)
Post #: 2
RE: Download infected? - 11/23/2012 1:10:57 PM   
VPaulus

It's a false positive, bluckster.
Follow this mini guide how to restore a false positive from quarantine. It's with a different file but the procedure is the same.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=38952&p=364363#p364363

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Download infected? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI