Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Download infected?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Download infected? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Download infected? - 11/23/2012 6:06:38 AM   
bluckster

Just tried install and got this from Norton Internet Security. Can you please guide me as to whether there is a reason for my concern on this or why not. NIS removes the file after download with this explanation:

February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High
Systems Affected:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Post #: 1
RE: Download infected? - 11/23/2012 7:55:20 AM   
tigercub

i bet this is bull twang!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to bluckster)
Post #: 2
RE: Download infected? - 11/23/2012 1:10:57 PM   
VPaulus

It's a false positive, bluckster.
Follow this mini guide how to restore a false positive from quarantine. It's with a different file but the procedure is the same.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=38952&p=364363#p364363

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Download infected? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI