Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nooby

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Nooby Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nooby - 11/22/2012 10:43:32 PM   
demjansk

I have had the game for a while and only played it once. I just went through the tutorial and played the Vorenezh scenario and lost. I was able to use artillery, luftwaffe, group moves, transfer, created two ersatz units with one of the cards from Franz Halder.

I was wondering about the view most people use. I was using the view that shows all the units in the hex. However, not sure of what all the colors mean on the unit. Furthermore, when moving units after an attack the arrows point in the direction of an enemy unit. meaning?

I also couldn't find what turn I was on in the game and not sure how to read the statistics and battle reports.

Does anyone have a link with pictures on what everything means?
Thanks guys for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Nooby - 11/23/2012 12:42:07 AM   
wallas

When you boot up the game there is a link on the launcher to a rules book. i would suggest you read the manual that should answer any questions you may have.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
RE: Nooby - 11/23/2012 2:50:12 AM   
LiquidSky

The colour band along the left of the counter is an identifier of the corp/army the unit belongs to. You can change that colour by clicking on the HQ and then at the bottom, clicking on the HQ counter next to all those numbers telling you action points/readiness/ etc.

Other colours on the counter are the bottom right corner will tell you supply status. Green means they got all the supplies they asked for. Yellow means they got 75%. Blue means they got 50% and Red means they got 25% (or less).

If the counter is an artillery piece, there will be a bar along the bottom, telling you how much ammo they have left to fire.

To the left of the Unit Strength number, is a bar which tells you the integrity. Integrity is just the percentage of the unit that is left from maximum ToE.
Strength is 1 for every 100 infantry, 1 for every 50 trucks, and 1 for every 5 guns/tanks.

I will assume you know the different colours of the counter itself, and the nationality it represents.

I rarely use the view that spreads the units out as I can see the counters in the bottom of the screen when I click a hex. Instead, I usually use the blown up view that shows all the numbers on the counter, although I hardly read them either. Occasionally I will go one more zoom to see a bit more frontage.

< Message edited by LiquidSky -- 11/23/2012 2:56:50 AM >

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 3
RE: Nooby - 11/23/2012 1:57:52 PM   
demjansk

Thanks liquid for the comment. I'll take a look at the manual again and the difficult part is setting up the attack. When I have to list the units this box comes up and I have to decide what units to use therefore, this box blocks the screen.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 4
RE: Nooby - 11/23/2012 5:09:57 PM   
stonestriker

NEEEEWB!

You don´t have to use the list to select units for an attack. You can just select them from the map instead. But you are not the only one sometimes having difficulty in finding the right units...

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 5
RE: Nooby - 11/23/2012 5:41:40 PM   
LiquidSky

Yes, I hate that as well. When I click the list box to see all the units to select for an attack, the box covers the part of the map where I can see where those units are. I try to get in the habit of scrolling the screen over, so that the attack hexes are on the left side of my screen, and the window doesn't cover them. Or I will just plan out which units I want before I hit attack.

It seems a lot of the buttons in this game want you to actually think out what you are going to do, before you hit it..which is so un-American

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to stonestriker)
Post #: 6
RE: Nooby - 11/24/2012 4:14:24 PM   
demjansk

A quick fix would be for us to have the ability to move that screen out of the way with our mouse pointer,

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Nooby Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI