Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playtesters Wanted: Allies only for Test 8A

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Playtesters Wanted: Allies only for Test 8A Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playtesters Wanted: Allies only for Test 8A - 11/22/2012 9:12:42 PM   
el cid again

RHS Test 7A (see AAR) has completed 3 weeks of play - but seems to have lost its Allied player. This game has gone very
well for Japan (Enterprise and Lexington sunk for one thing; Singapore and Manila invested by IJA troops for another;
Midway and Johnston have fallen for yet another). I am willing to turn this situation over to anyone interested in playing
Japan - in order to demonstrate an Allied offensive - defensive in the context of RHS Allied assets. Or a player who wants
to could take over the Allies. The prospects for a long term test are very good - the economy is behaving remarkably well
for the Allies.

RHS Test 8A has not yet begun. It includes a number of enhancements, of course, and fine tuning of the economy and the
map (that is, new locations) - based on lessons learned and on suggestions. We should evaluate the impact of these changes
before declaring RHS Level 1 completed. [Level 2 is a future project involving a variation of the extended map system - probably
adding "off map" locations as well] This test can involve single players or a tag team - or one of each. Either side is available to
anyone interested. There are five different RHS scenarios available to choose from - 101 to 105 - at this time:

1) RHS CVO - strictly historical, carrier oriented, closest to Scenario 1 of stock

2) RHS RPO - identical to CVO except the Russians are passive (as in stock games) instead of active (the RHS SOP)

3) RHS AIO - a simplified form of RHS intended to confuse AI less - so for one thing the Russians are passive -
and there are fewer small vessels to manage - no RR units (since AI doesn't know to keep them on RR tracks!) - etc.
It involves a lot less economic management than standard RHS scenarios do - with substantially automated aircraft
production and no aircraft training units on the Japanese side

4) RHS RAO - identical to AIO but the Russians are active

5) RHS EOS - Empire of the Sun - a slightly Japan enhanced scenario - not quite strictly historical - with some appropriate changes
to Allied production in reaction to the stronger Japanese offensive. [More cruisers show up as CVLs, some ships are ordered as
repeats of earlier classes instead of to improved designs that would take longer to appear, etc]

RHS Test 6A2 is going to continue - not be replaced by Test 8A

< Message edited by el cid again -- 12/30/2012 11:02:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Playtesters Wanted: Allies only for Test 8A - 12/18/2012 5:33:49 AM   
el cid again

We have a very good Japanese team working up a start turn for RHS Test 8A.
What we seek is a team of Allied players. Ideally aggressive players who
believe in the offensive-defensive - to show off RHS unit capabilities, the
advantages of so many locations, etc. The Japanese will be very aggressive,
but fragile, as always.

Test 7A is not going to proceed. It has a technical problem in the save game file
which does not permit updating to the current file standards.

Test 6A2 is proceeding indefinitely, but needs no players.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Playtesters Wanted: Allies only for Test 8A Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI