Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Transport questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air Transport questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Transport questions - 11/22/2012 4:49:17 PM   
Q-Ball

I have some questions on air transport that maybe the gallery can help with.

1. How much supply does a transport haul airstrip to airstrip per turn? A C-47 Skytrain has a capacity of 6000; does that mean it will haul 6 supply points per turn? Or how many?

2. Is the amount hauled less if it's airdropped instead of landed at an airstrip?

3. Is there a penalty applied to level bombers, or do they use their capacity at the same efficiency as transport aircraft?

Finally, if a unit is not in combat, or recovering disablements, how much does an average division "eat" each turn?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Air Transport questions - 11/22/2012 5:01:25 PM   
SuluSea

Hi Brad, from Michealm regarding air supply
quote:

Moving supply:
Supply amount is a/c max load divided by 2000 with a minimum of 1. This is removed from the source and added to the destination unless air-dropped where a random value is added to the destination.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Transport questions - 11/22/2012 6:14:24 PM   
Cribtop

Another question - if you control a base and fly in paratroopers, do you trigger a shock attack? Does the answer to the question change if you have a level 0 airfield?

Follow my latest AAR as I do battle with our resident author Cuttlefish at: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2742735

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Transport questions - 11/23/2012 1:37:04 AM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Another question - if you control a base and fly in paratroopers, do you trigger a shock attack? Does the answer to the question change if you have a level 0 airfield?

No and to the second question I believe no. In the past I've flown in paratroops using the Mavis L to bases with no water frontage I'd guess that simulates zero airfield.

It's been awhile (so I just tested to make certain) but even if you're delberate attacking with the existing force while flying the paratroops in it will stay a deliberate .

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air Transport questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI