From: Where the heart is; Home of the Fighting Irish
Here is the situation:
1. 1944, Essex Class CV.
2. The three units are the 36 fighter, 36 DB and 18 TB, for a total of 90.
3. Set up to do a CV attack and none of my planes fly.
4. I was within range, his TFs had been spotted (DL for several turns), all air units set to their proper roles.
5. His CV counter-attacked mine, and NO CAP fly and I did not attack his CV or other TF in the area.
6. When I looked at the CV it had stacking of 90/144!
I could not figure it out. Finally, fly off the 18 unit to a base and the CV set itself back to 72 (36+36).
The only thing I can think of is the 18 unit caused the other two units to double in count (two 36 units doubled is 144).
Anyone have any idea why this happened?
Also, the turn prior when reviewing the set up, the 36 fighter group had all of their pilots on "group reserve" which I did not set.
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)