Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No "Found Scenarios"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> No "Found Scenarios" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No "Found Scenarios" - 11/21/2012 11:40:49 PM   
jcgator

Just purchased the game today. Installed ok, but when I hit "Play" from opening menu, I get the screen which is attached below:

No scenarios show up in "Found Scenarios" list. To access scenarios, I have to press "Load Another Scenario", then select scenarios from Windows menu. Game plays fine after that, but something appears to be wrong.

Windows 7 system. Tried, uninstalling then re-installed. Update 1.04 applied, but same blank screen appears.

Thanks for any help.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jcgator -- 11/22/2012 12:35:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 1:10:12 AM   
junk2drive

Something with you permissions I think. Notice the top bar on your screen - untitled. Mine (Windows 8) says Combat Command Matrix Edition Version 1.04

(in reply to jcgator)
Post #: 2
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 1:52:28 AM   
jcgator

Makes sense, I guess. If that's the case, any idea which permissions to change? Tried re-installing as administrator, no dice.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 2:08:19 AM   
junk2drive

Nope, sorry, I didn't do anything special when I installed mine.

(in reply to jcgator)
Post #: 4
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 3:16:17 AM   
Joe 98

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Notice the top bar on your screen - untitled. Mine (Windows 8) says Combat Command Matrix Edition Version 1.04

I have Win 7 - 64 bit and mine reads: Combat Command 2: Matrix Edition Version - 1.04

There should be a folder in the game directory named "Scenarios".

All the scenarios and their descriptions are stored there. Check to see if the folder is there. If it is somewhere else you can move it with "Cut" and "Paste".

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 4:14:28 AM   
kemmo

If it is something to do with permissions,you can edit them thru the security tab in the folders properties,mine has them all checked except the first and last ones and the title bar and scenarios show up normally.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 6
RE: No "Found Scenarios" - 11/22/2012 1:48:26 PM   
jcgator

The "Scenarios" folder is where it should be. As I wrote, I can access them via the "Load other Scenario" button and the game seems to run properly. When the scenario loads, the top line changes from "Untitled" to: "Palermo - Palermo. Combat Command 2: Matrix Edition", then remains as such till I end the game. Upon exit and restart of game, the "Untitled" line returns w/blank menu. Strange....

I fooled around with some permissions last night to no avail. Wasn't sure whether it was a particular folder or exe file that might need adjusting. Perhaps someone from Matrix will comment on my dilemma.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Correction: When update is applied, top line no longer reads as "Untitled", but "Combat Command 2: Matrix Edition -v1.04". Still no found scenarios.

< Message edited by jcgator -- 11/22/2012 2:01:48 PM >

(in reply to kemmo)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> No "Found Scenarios" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI