Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Military Advisor - Show Hierarchy detail

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Military Advisor - Show Hierarchy detail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Military Advisor - Show Hierarchy detail - 11/21/2012 11:00:39 PM   
DEB

I have recently purchased FoF and I have a query regarding the Military Advisor.

When the "Show Hierarchy" button is highlighted, the order of the Military units ( compartments ) is ( per the rules ) by :

Category ( troop units first, followed by and naval units ), and then by location. ( Garrisons are listed separately for each province regardless of strength.)

From viewing the in game list this equates to groups ( top to bottom ) of :

City garrisons, Fort garrisons, Ships, Fleets, Divisions, Corps and Armies.

The order within these groups (?) is supposed to be "by location". However, this does not "appear" to be happening. Some ( 2/3 at a time ) are grouped by location, and then the next is a great distance away. Confusing.

Whereas the main list is loosely smallest to largest, the sub group compartments are loosely largest to smallest where there is a further differance; and appear to use the same groupings as the main list for those differences.

Does anyone know how the compartments inside the aforementioned groups are actually ordered, when all other considerations are equal ? The list must be programmed with some order in mind.

NB : It does not appear to be : by State, Alphabetically or size ( e.g. fort garrisons are not split by fort size ).

NBB : I did do a forum search for "Hierarchy", but found nothing to answer this among the 18 hits I had . Perhaps I used the wrong search word and missed it. If so I apologise.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Military Advisor - Show Hierarchy detail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI